Brookfield Central beat Homestead, 65-53, Saturday afternoon in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School and sophomore Riley LaChance poured in 28 points to lead all scorers.
The Lancers (3-1) bounced back from a poor performance in a 57-51 win over Menomonee Falls on Friday, to dominate the Highlanders (5-1) who were unbeaten going into the game.
Central led 21-12 after one quarter and 39-24 at half-time and then took a 58-36 lead into the fourth period.
LaChance scored 13 points in the first quarter to get them off to a fast start and had 19 at half-time. Seth Mortag finished with 13.
Luke Worthington led Homestead with 17 points, while James Reilly had 13 and Jake Laihinen had 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- King ends Lancers season for second year in a row, 77-74
- Salmon's 22 points sparks Tosa East's win over West Allis Hale
- Adams proud of Lancers' senior class
- Central to host D2 finals Saturday
- Home Sweet Home for Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: March 6
- USM ends Stars' season
- Pennow heading to gymnastics state tournament
- Lancers clobber Milwaukee South, 80-42