Brookfield Central beat Homestead, 65-53, Saturday afternoon in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School and sophomore Riley LaChance poured in 28 points to lead all scorers.
The Lancers (3-1) bounced back from a poor performance in a 57-51 win over Menomonee Falls on Friday, to dominate the Highlanders (5-1) who were unbeaten going into the game.
Central led 21-12 after one quarter and 39-24 at half-time and then took a 58-36 lead into the fourth period.
LaChance scored 13 points in the first quarter to get them off to a fast start and had 19 at half-time. Seth Mortag finished with 13.
Luke Worthington led Homestead with 17 points, while James Reilly had 13 and Jake Laihinen had 10.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball unable to pull upset in regional loss to Sussex Hamilton
- Sports Notes: July 21, 2016
- Baseball: Brookfield East drops regional opener to Kettle Moraine
- Football: Former Brookfield East coach Tom Swittel goes out with WFCA All-Star Game win
- Brookfield Bulldogs, Blue Sox begin Land O'Lakes stretch run
- New Brookfield Central AD Don Kurth to bring wide variety of experience
- Sports Notes: July 14
- Baseball: Brookfield East's upset bid falls short in Greater Metro baseball tournament
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team wins three of final four regular-season games