Brookfield Central beat Homestead, 65-53, Saturday afternoon in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School and sophomore Riley LaChance poured in 28 points to lead all scorers.
The Lancers (3-1) bounced back from a poor performance in a 57-51 win over Menomonee Falls on Friday, to dominate the Highlanders (5-1) who were unbeaten going into the game.
Central led 21-12 after one quarter and 39-24 at half-time and then took a 58-36 lead into the fourth period.
LaChance scored 13 points in the first quarter to get them off to a fast start and had 19 at half-time. Seth Mortag finished with 13.
Luke Worthington led Homestead with 17 points, while James Reilly had 13 and Jake Laihinen had 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- New Berlin Eisenhower's Kozlowski named to Now All-Suburban Team
- Brookfield East girls track team earns 5 first-place finishes
- Brookfield Central softball team rallies to beat Chargers
- Brookfield East to provide free basketball camp for girls
- Brookfield Central boys track team sixth at Chris Wilson Invite
- Brookfield East boys track team will once again be a threat
- Brookfield East girls basketball team moving on up
- Brookfield Barracudas put together solid swim season
- Brookfield East girls track team wins Nelson Daniel's Invite