Brookfield Central beat Homestead, 65-53, Saturday afternoon in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School and sophomore Riley LaChance poured in 28 points to lead all scorers.
The Lancers (3-1) bounced back from a poor performance in a 57-51 win over Menomonee Falls on Friday, to dominate the Highlanders (5-1) who were unbeaten going into the game.
Central led 21-12 after one quarter and 39-24 at half-time and then took a 58-36 lead into the fourth period.
LaChance scored 13 points in the first quarter to get them off to a fast start and had 19 at half-time. Seth Mortag finished with 13.
Luke Worthington led Homestead with 17 points, while James Reilly had 13 and Jake Laihinen had 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central Lancers make first trip to state baseball since 2001
- Catholic Memorial ends Spartans season with 4-2 regional victory
- Lancers win sectional title, first trip to state since 2001
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Baseball: Spartans give CMH a push, but Crusaders prevail
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5
- Brookfield bulldogs crush Hartland but lose to West Bend
- Brookfield East baseball team enjoys early starting times
- Chargers knock off Brookfield Central in semis