Brookfield Central beat Homestead, 65-53, Saturday afternoon in the NY2LA Tournament at Homestead High School and sophomore Riley LaChance poured in 28 points to lead all scorers.
The Lancers (3-1) bounced back from a poor performance in a 57-51 win over Menomonee Falls on Friday, to dominate the Highlanders (5-1) who were unbeaten going into the game.
Central led 21-12 after one quarter and 39-24 at half-time and then took a 58-36 lead into the fourth period.
LaChance scored 13 points in the first quarter to get them off to a fast start and had 19 at half-time. Seth Mortag finished with 13.
Luke Worthington led Homestead with 17 points, while James Reilly had 13 and Jake Laihinen had 10.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- EBSC competes in two meets
- Barracudas win rare double dual
- Brookfield gymnasts win opener
- Brookfield Academy wrapups: Dec. 19
- Brookfield East girls whip Bulldogs in GMC basketball opener
- Bulldogs bite Brookfield East boys basketball in GMC opener
- Hamilton girls nip Brookfield Central in GMC basketball opener
- Glacier skates past Arrowhead, 12-1
- Brookfield Central boys basketball win in GMC opener