Brookfield Central's girls basketball team crushed Milwaukee Hamilton, 54-15, Tuesday night at home to even the Lancers record at 1-1.
Sophomore Lydia Rohde drained four 3-pointers in the first quarter to spark a 21-3 lead. The school record was five 3-pointers in a game, but Rohde missed a chance to tie or break it as she missed her other two attempts and finished with 12 points.
Central led, 36-5, at intermission as coach Dan Wandrey began emptying his bench in the second quarter.
Central worked on its 3-point shooting in the second half, trying not to take the ball inside against an under-manned Wildcat team. They out-scored Hamilton, 18-10, in the second half.
Senior Anna Liewen played an excellent game, leading the way with 14 points as 10 players got on the scoreboard.
Central now plays at Appleton East on Saturday in another non-conference game.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls track team wins own invitational
- Whitefish Bay boys track team rolls into form, wins East meet
- Brookfield Central Jr. Lancer eighth-graders win fourth straight state title
- Brookfield East finishes third at Mike Gain Invite
- Brookfield Central Lancers lose 2 of 3 games, star pitcher
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Brookfield Central girls track team third at Spartan Invitational
- Sports Notes: April 16
- Brookfield East boys out to defend state tennis crown