Brookfield Central's girls basketball team crushed Milwaukee Hamilton, 54-15, Tuesday night at home to even the Lancers record at 1-1.
Sophomore Lydia Rohde drained four 3-pointers in the first quarter to spark a 21-3 lead. The school record was five 3-pointers in a game, but Rohde missed a chance to tie or break it as she missed her other two attempts and finished with 12 points.
Central led, 36-5, at intermission as coach Dan Wandrey began emptying his bench in the second quarter.
Central worked on its 3-point shooting in the second half, trying not to take the ball inside against an under-manned Wildcat team. They out-scored Hamilton, 18-10, in the second half.
Senior Anna Liewen played an excellent game, leading the way with 14 points as 10 players got on the scoreboard.
Central now plays at Appleton East on Saturday in another non-conference game.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball can't quite end streak
- Baseball: Brookfield East uses five-run first inning to beat Lancers
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Arnold throws no-hitter, Blue Sox blank Menomonee Falls
- Elmbrook Swim Club hosted All-American meet at Brookfield East
- Softball: Brookfield Central had solid season under new coaching staff
- Elmbrook Swim Club: June 2