Brookfield Central's girls basketball team crushed Milwaukee Hamilton, 54-15, Tuesday night at home to even the Lancers record at 1-1.
Sophomore Lydia Rohde drained four 3-pointers in the first quarter to spark a 21-3 lead. The school record was five 3-pointers in a game, but Rohde missed a chance to tie or break it as she missed her other two attempts and finished with 12 points.
Central led, 36-5, at intermission as coach Dan Wandrey began emptying his bench in the second quarter.
Central worked on its 3-point shooting in the second half, trying not to take the ball inside against an under-manned Wildcat team. They out-scored Hamilton, 18-10, in the second half.
Senior Anna Liewen played an excellent game, leading the way with 14 points as 10 players got on the scoreboard.
Central now plays at Appleton East on Saturday in another non-conference game.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East snaps DSHA 28-game GMC win streak
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 11, 2016
- Bruggink, Malensek spark Brookfield Central boys in wins over West Allis Central, Hale
- Brookfield East girls basketball team rallies to beat Sussex Hamilton, 66-54
- Brookfield East Junior Spartans set football registration for 2016-17
- Brookfield's Rumpit, Attenberger win multiple swim events at Classic 8/GMC tourney
- Brookfield gymnastics team keeps on rolling
- Brookfield Academy: Feb. 11, 2016
- Brookfield Central girls roll over both West Allis teams