One bad stretch in the third quarter was all it took for Brookfield Central's girls basketball team to lose to Madison Edgewood, 51-40, Friday morning in the first-game of the inaugural Thanksgiving Shootout at Central.
The Lancers led 19-17 at half-time, but the Crusaders came out and went on a 23-8 run in the third quarter to take a 40-27 advantage into the fourth period.
Junior guard Amanda Kelm sat on the 3-point line unguarded and nailed four 3-pointers to put the game away. She led all scorers with 19 points.
Anna Liewen led Central with 10 points, but spent most of the game on the bench with foul trouble. Lydia Rohde and Debbie Entzminger had 8 points each and Sara Fotsch added seven.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys track and field: Brookfield East track and field synonymous with success
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball team drops four of five
- Softball: Brookfield East's Jahnke, Knight earn first-team All-GMC softball honors
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Brookfield Bulldogs rally for win, stay in first place
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central's Staszkiewicz named first-team all-state for girls soccer
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball team searching for results
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season