One bad stretch in the third quarter was all it took for Brookfield Central's girls basketball team to lose to Madison Edgewood, 51-40, Friday morning in the first-game of the inaugural Thanksgiving Shootout at Central.
The Lancers led 19-17 at half-time, but the Crusaders came out and went on a 23-8 run in the third quarter to take a 40-27 advantage into the fourth period.
Junior guard Amanda Kelm sat on the 3-point line unguarded and nailed four 3-pointers to put the game away. She led all scorers with 19 points.
Anna Liewen led Central with 10 points, but spent most of the game on the bench with foul trouble. Lydia Rohde and Debbie Entzminger had 8 points each and Sara Fotsch added seven.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central Lancers make first trip to state baseball since 2001
- Catholic Memorial ends Spartans season with 4-2 regional victory
- Lancers win sectional title, first trip to state since 2001
- Baseball: Ausloos dazzles as Brookfield Central edges KM
- Baseball: Spartans give CMH a push, but Crusaders prevail
- Indians hold off Central, 7-5
- Brookfield bulldogs crush Hartland but lose to West Bend
- Brookfield East baseball team enjoys early starting times
- Chargers knock off Brookfield Central in semis