One bad stretch in the third quarter was all it took for Brookfield Central's girls basketball team to lose to Madison Edgewood, 51-40, Friday morning in the first-game of the inaugural Thanksgiving Shootout at Central.
The Lancers led 19-17 at half-time, but the Crusaders came out and went on a 23-8 run in the third quarter to take a 40-27 advantage into the fourth period.
Junior guard Amanda Kelm sat on the 3-point line unguarded and nailed four 3-pointers to put the game away. She led all scorers with 19 points.
Anna Liewen led Central with 10 points, but spent most of the game on the bench with foul trouble. Lydia Rohde and Debbie Entzminger had 8 points each and Sara Fotsch added seven.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- SPORTS NOTES NOV. 19
- Glacier girls hockey to return eight players
- SCORECARD: Elmbrook Swim Club
- Brookfield/Catholic Memorial boys hockey team co-op begins fourth season
- Brookfield East has surprising gridiron season
- Wauwatosa East volleyball season has solid season despite just missing another trip to state
- Brookfield Central's Kennedy proud of football team's effort in winning conference title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 26, 2015
- Oak Creek girls basketball team pulls away from Brookfield Central in second half