One bad stretch in the third quarter was all it took for Brookfield Central's girls basketball team to lose to Madison Edgewood, 51-40, Friday morning in the first-game of the inaugural Thanksgiving Shootout at Central.
The Lancers led 19-17 at half-time, but the Crusaders came out and went on a 23-8 run in the third quarter to take a 40-27 advantage into the fourth period.
Junior guard Amanda Kelm sat on the 3-point line unguarded and nailed four 3-pointers to put the game away. She led all scorers with 19 points.
Anna Liewen led Central with 10 points, but spent most of the game on the bench with foul trouble. Lydia Rohde and Debbie Entzminger had 8 points each and Sara Fotsch added seven.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East's Bullen, Carr key GMC Outdoor title
- Brookfield East girls track team earns second straight triple crown
- Brookfield Central baseball team returns nine letter winners
- Brookfield Central girls earn 10 top-three finishes at GMC Outdoor
- Brookfield East's Knight pitches one-hit victory
- Brookfield Central boys finish third in GMC tennis
- Brookfield East boys tennis team finishes second in GMC
- Staszkiewicz sparks Brookfield Central girls soccer team to huge win
- Brookfield East has plenty of talent returning on diamond