One bad stretch in the third quarter was all it took for Brookfield Central's girls basketball team to lose to Madison Edgewood, 51-40, Friday morning in the first-game of the inaugural Thanksgiving Shootout at Central.
The Lancers led 19-17 at half-time, but the Crusaders came out and went on a 23-8 run in the third quarter to take a 40-27 advantage into the fourth period.
Junior guard Amanda Kelm sat on the 3-point line unguarded and nailed four 3-pointers to put the game away. She led all scorers with 19 points.
Anna Liewen led Central with 10 points, but spent most of the game on the bench with foul trouble. Lydia Rohde and Debbie Entzminger had 8 points each and Sara Fotsch added seven.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East netters beat Red, Raiders, Lancers, fifth at Nicolet Invite
- Brookfield Academy sports summaries: Sept. 25
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Sept. 25
- Brookfield Central girl spikers win Oshkosh Showdown
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach named 2013-14 Coach of Year
- Brookfield Central girls win seventh consecutive Angel Invite cross country meet
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Sports Notes: Sept. 28
- Football: East nips Central, 24-20, in game which featured big plays
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19