Brookfield East (20-4) will be looking for revenge when the Spartans meet Menomonee Falls (20-3-2) at 7 p.m. Saturday at Brookfield Central in a WIAA Sectional Soccer Championship match.
The top-seeded Indians, who tied East in the Greater Metro Conference standings (both were 5-2), won a tie-breaker because they beat the second-seeded Spartans, 1-0, on Aug. 23.
In the Indians win, Nick Gonzales scored the match's only goal at 49:42 on assists from Skyler Hying and Nick Burgoyne.
The winner of Saturday's match will qualify for next week's WIAA State Soccer Tournament at Uihlein Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Defending champs open playoffs on strong note
- King ends Lancers season for second year in a row, 77-74
- Salmon's 22 points sparks Tosa East's win over West Allis Hale
- Adams proud of Lancers' senior class
- Central to host D2 finals Saturday
- Home Sweet Home for Lancers
- Brookfield Academy: March 6
- USM ends Stars' season
- Pennow heading to gymnastics state tournament