Brookfield East (20-4) will be looking for revenge when the Spartans meet Menomonee Falls (20-3-2) at 7 p.m. Saturday at Brookfield Central in a WIAA Sectional Soccer Championship match.
The top-seeded Indians, who tied East in the Greater Metro Conference standings (both were 5-2), won a tie-breaker because they beat the second-seeded Spartans, 1-0, on Aug. 23.
In the Indians win, Nick Gonzales scored the match's only goal at 49:42 on assists from Skyler Hying and Nick Burgoyne.
The winner of Saturday's match will qualify for next week's WIAA State Soccer Tournament at Uihlein Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East girls open with two blowout losses
- Busch steps up in Brookfield Central Lancers opening 51-29 win
- Brookfield East basketball boys have depth, experience returning
- Brookfield Central's Wandrey sees intangibles as strength
- Brookfield Central girls cross country had outstanding season
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach will miss senior class
- Brookfield Central football coach Jed Kennedy is impressed with team's resiliency
- Brookfield East gridders go back to the basics
- Elmbrook Swim Club: Nov. 20