Brookfield East (20-4) will be looking for revenge when the Spartans meet Menomonee Falls (20-3-2) at 7 p.m. Saturday at Brookfield Central in a WIAA Sectional Soccer Championship match.
The top-seeded Indians, who tied East in the Greater Metro Conference standings (both were 5-2), won a tie-breaker because they beat the second-seeded Spartans, 1-0, on Aug. 23.
In the Indians win, Nick Gonzales scored the match's only goal at 49:42 on assists from Skyler Hying and Nick Burgoyne.
The winner of Saturday's match will qualify for next week's WIAA State Soccer Tournament at Uihlein Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Boys basketball: Mirsberger's buzzer-beater gives Brookfield Central a crazy win
- Girls basketball: Spartans can't catch DSHA in standings
- Wrestling: Brookfield Central wins three of five at Zelinski Duals
- Skiing: Ski team third against area elites
- Girls basketball: Lumps taken by Brookfield East beginning to yield results
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central adjusts to zone, downs Menomonee Falls
- Brookfield Academy sports roundup: Jan. 29
- Track and field: Former Badgers standout Calhoun to lead Brookfield Central girls track
- Sports recaps from Brookfield Central and East: Jan. 22