Brookfield East (20-4) will be looking for revenge when the Spartans meet Menomonee Falls (20-3-2) at 7 p.m. Saturday at Brookfield Central in a WIAA Sectional Soccer Championship match.
The top-seeded Indians, who tied East in the Greater Metro Conference standings (both were 5-2), won a tie-breaker because they beat the second-seeded Spartans, 1-0, on Aug. 23.
In the Indians win, Nick Gonzales scored the match's only goal at 49:42 on assists from Skyler Hying and Nick Burgoyne.
The winner of Saturday's match will qualify for next week's WIAA State Soccer Tournament at Uihlein Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Mystery Photo: July 31
- Library Recommendations: July 31
- Brookfield Bulldogs second in Wisconsin Amateur Baseball Classic tourney
- Big innings lead to two Brookfield Blue Sox wins
- Tug of War World Championship will be in Madison from Aug. 28-31
- Several contributed to Lancers' state baseball championship
- Central beats Plymouth in state semifinal
- Lancers win fourth state baseball championship
- Brookfield Central turns back Homestead for state title, 9-2