Both Brookfield East and Brookfield Central won first-round regional games on Tuesday and moved on to regional final matches on Thursday night on their home field.
East beat Milwaukee Hamilton, 5-0, to advance and meet Cedarburg Thursday in the finals.
The Spartans led 3-0 at half-time as goals were scored by Peter Tongas (Max Karcher assist, 22:40), Ben Kosmider (David Fuchs assist, 31:53) and Karcher (Matt Wilson assist, 39:15).
In the second half they put the game away quickly as John Orgovan scored on a bicycle kick (Trenton Daniels assist) 27 seconds into the second half.
Wilson closed out the scoring at 59:30 with a chip shot over the goalie's head.
Central won, 2-0, against a Plymouth team that put 10-men back and tried to frustrate the Lancers. Brad Jakober (assists to Amir Alwan) scored both goals in the fourth and 70th minute.
The Lancers host Wauwatosa East Thursday night, a team they beat 4-0 during the regular Greater Metro Conference season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Sports Shorts: April 14
- Free Tight End Camp set for fifth season
- Brookfield Academy: April 17
- Brookfield East boys win track Spartan Invitational
- Brookfield East girls track captures four first places
- East brings 3-game win streak into break
- Elizabeth Flatley breaks her 1,600 meter mark at GMC Indoor Championships
- Sports Wrapups: April 10
- Brookfield East's track and field streak is over after it finishes second at indoor meet