Both Brookfield East and Brookfield Central won first-round regional games on Tuesday and moved on to regional final matches on Thursday night on their home field.
East beat Milwaukee Hamilton, 5-0, to advance and meet Cedarburg Thursday in the finals.
The Spartans led 3-0 at half-time as goals were scored by Peter Tongas (Max Karcher assist, 22:40), Ben Kosmider (David Fuchs assist, 31:53) and Karcher (Matt Wilson assist, 39:15).
In the second half they put the game away quickly as John Orgovan scored on a bicycle kick (Trenton Daniels assist) 27 seconds into the second half.
Wilson closed out the scoring at 59:30 with a chip shot over the goalie's head.
Central won, 2-0, against a Plymouth team that put 10-men back and tried to frustrate the Lancers. Brad Jakober (assists to Amir Alwan) scored both goals in the fourth and 70th minute.
The Lancers host Wauwatosa East Thursday night, a team they beat 4-0 during the regular Greater Metro Conference season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield East makes statement in downing Marquette
- Brookfield East whips Marquette, takes over second place with 34-21 win
- Brookfield Central names Arndorfer, Robison co-softball coaches
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: Oct. 8, 2015
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team second at Gigl Memorial Invite
- Big second half helps Brookfield Central football team defeat Chargers
- Brookfield Central volleyball team goes 2-0, goes on to win Neenah Invite
- Derrick Banks named Brookfield East girls soccer coach
- Brookfield Academy Sports: Oct. 8