Both Brookfield East and Brookfield Central won first-round regional games on Tuesday and moved on to regional final matches on Thursday night on their home field.
East beat Milwaukee Hamilton, 5-0, to advance and meet Cedarburg Thursday in the finals.
The Spartans led 3-0 at half-time as goals were scored by Peter Tongas (Max Karcher assist, 22:40), Ben Kosmider (David Fuchs assist, 31:53) and Karcher (Matt Wilson assist, 39:15).
In the second half they put the game away quickly as John Orgovan scored on a bicycle kick (Trenton Daniels assist) 27 seconds into the second half.
Wilson closed out the scoring at 59:30 with a chip shot over the goalie's head.
Central won, 2-0, against a Plymouth team that put 10-men back and tried to frustrate the Lancers. Brad Jakober (assists to Amir Alwan) scored both goals in the fourth and 70th minute.
The Lancers host Wauwatosa East Thursday night, a team they beat 4-0 during the regular Greater Metro Conference season.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Menomonee Falls boys basketball coach Ben Farley to step down
- Brookfield East Sports Shorts: May 26
- Girls soccer: Brookfield Central, DSHA play to 1-1 tie, share GMC crown
- Youth Baseball: U12 Brewers win 'State Wars' tournament
- Brookfield-Elm Grove Sports Notes: May 26, 2016
- Land O’Lakes Baseball: Bulldogs, Blue Sox lose in Land O'Lakes play
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield East boys second in Greater Metro Conference tennis tournament
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls win GMC Outdoor title
- Boys Tennis: Brookfield Central boys tennis team finishes third in GMC Tournament