Brookfield Central used 3 touchdown runs by DeMario Harris to spark a 34-14 win over West Allis Hale at Central Friday night in the Greater Metro Conference opener for both teams.
Harris scored on a 56-yard run in the second period, a 15-yard run and another 56-yard run in the third period and finished with 137 yards in 9 carries, a 15.2 average.
Charlie O'Dwyer scored on a 5-yard run to open the game and Jason Meichtry ran a score in from 7-yards out to wrap up the games's coring.
The Huskies got scores from Zach Smith on a 4-yard run in the third period and Dan Sotiros on a 1-yard run in the fourth period.
Central is now 2-1 overall and the Huskies fell to 1-2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield East netters beat Red, Raiders, Lancers, fifth at Nicolet Invite
- Brookfield Academy sports summaries: Sept. 25
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Sept. 25
- Brookfield Central girl spikers win Oshkosh Showdown
- Brookfield East boys volleyball coach named 2013-14 Coach of Year
- Brookfield Central girls win seventh consecutive Angel Invite cross country meet
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Sports Notes: Sept. 28
- Football: East nips Central, 24-20, in game which featured big plays
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Sept. 19