Brookfield Central used 3 touchdown runs by DeMario Harris to spark a 34-14 win over West Allis Hale at Central Friday night in the Greater Metro Conference opener for both teams.
Harris scored on a 56-yard run in the second period, a 15-yard run and another 56-yard run in the third period and finished with 137 yards in 9 carries, a 15.2 average.
Charlie O'Dwyer scored on a 5-yard run to open the game and Jason Meichtry ran a score in from 7-yards out to wrap up the games's coring.
The Huskies got scores from Zach Smith on a 4-yard run in the third period and Dan Sotiros on a 1-yard run in the fourth period.
Central is now 2-1 overall and the Huskies fell to 1-2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Girls basketball: Brookfield Central girls shock Generals to keep marching
- Lancers rally to beat Brookfield East in girls basketball regional
- Fond du Lac nips Brookfield/CMH Stars in overtime
- Central boys rally again to beat Indians
- Brookfield Central Lancers beat Bulldogs, ties for second in GMC
- Whitnall/Greendale wrestlers fall to rival Pewaukee in WIAA state sectional dual meet
- Brookfield East's Dempsey off to state wrestling
- Rumpit, Attenberger lead Brookfield Barracuda effort
- Brookfield Central boys ski team finish 18th at state