Brookfield Central used 3 touchdown runs by DeMario Harris to spark a 34-14 win over West Allis Hale at Central Friday night in the Greater Metro Conference opener for both teams.
Harris scored on a 56-yard run in the second period, a 15-yard run and another 56-yard run in the third period and finished with 137 yards in 9 carries, a 15.2 average.
Charlie O'Dwyer scored on a 5-yard run to open the game and Jason Meichtry ran a score in from 7-yards out to wrap up the games's coring.
The Huskies got scores from Zach Smith on a 4-yard run in the third period and Dan Sotiros on a 1-yard run in the fourth period.
Central is now 2-1 overall and the Huskies fell to 1-2.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Elm Grove library to host free family event for Earth Day
- Central netters young, but improved
- East tennis team best in state?
- Wajda only returnee for Lancer golfers
- Henning, Vitale to lead Spartans golf team
- For East's Harper it's all about her teammates
- East's Hollingsworth looks to defend high jump title
- Brookfield Academy: April 21
- Sports Shorts: April 14