The Brookfield Bulldogs used four home runs - two each from Scott Booth and Jeff Lueck - to crush the West Allis Nighthawks, 16-0, Saturday afternoon at McCoy Field.
Leading, 2-0, through three innings, Brookfield exploded for nine runs in the fourth inning, as Lueck led the inning off with a solo homer and then eight hitters later slammed a 3-run homer.
Scott Booth homered in the third, had an RBI-single in the fifth and then slammed a lead-off homer in the seventh to spark a 16-hit attack.
Jason Rutz singled, doubled and tripled, walked and scored twice, Kris Franzen had two singles and two RBIS, Earnest Castro singled, had a SF and walked three times, Mike Jacobs singled twice, scored three times and drove in a run and Andy Monigal singled twice, scored twice and drove in a run.
Josh Eidt pitched a complete game victory, striking out seven, allowing three hits, walked two and hit a batter.
West Allis, which could not find a field to play on, played at McCoy Field and was the home team.
Brookfield of the Western Division (18-3) will host East Troy of the Southwestern Division (19-3) at 1:30 p.m. at McCoy Field.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- SPORTS NOTES NOV. 19
- Glacier girls hockey to return eight players
- SCORECARD: Elmbrook Swim Club
- Brookfield/Catholic Memorial boys hockey team co-op begins fourth season
- Brookfield East has surprising gridiron season
- Wauwatosa East volleyball season has solid season despite just missing another trip to state
- Brookfield Central's Kennedy proud of football team's effort in winning conference title
- Sport Shorts: Nov. 26, 2015
- Oak Creek girls basketball team pulls away from Brookfield Central in second half