The Brookfield Central Athletic Booster Club has announced the establishment of the Brookfield Central Athletic Booster Club Hall of Fame Award.
The purpose of this award is to recognize and honor outstanding achievement by individuals in athletics who have contributed to the promotion and growth of athletics at Brookfield Central High School.
The other intent of this award is to display to students and the public the athletic accomplishments of people who have been instrumental in creating an excellent athletic tradition at Central High School. Former student-athletes who have been out of high school for 10 years are eligible for nomination to the Athletic Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame will also be used to recognize others who have contributed to Lancer athletics. This honor may be used to recognize someone who has coached at Central or can also go to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Lancers athletics in other ways.
Coaching candidates will not be eligible for selection until five years have elapsed since their coaching tenure at Central or they are an active coach with 20 years of service to BCHS.
At this time, the Hall of Fame Award Selection Committee is soliciting nominations from the community. Persons interested in nominating individuals for this award should contact Todd Sobrilsky, BC Athletic/Activities Director at (262)785-3918, email; email@example.com or stop in the Athletic Department, and/or visit the BCHS web site at www.elmbrookschools.org to request a nomination form.
Deadline for nomination is December 2, 2011.
The Hall of Fame will honor award winners each year during the school year at a planned winter athletic event (February 10) and in the spring at a Hall of Fame Banquet (May 19). A plaque honoring the award selections will be placed on permanent display in the event lobby outside the main gymnasium. A duplicate plaque will be presented to each recipient as well.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield Academy stumbles late in D5
- Football: Germantown football team advances with easy win over Brookfield Central
- Football: Cedarburg poised for North Shore rematch
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Level 1
- Girls swimming: Central gets best of East in swimming dual, with conference meet still ahead
- Boys soccer: Brookfield East leaves Pewaukee feeling foggy
- Football: Poll: Which area team will win a state football title?
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 23
- Library Recommendations: Oct. 23