The Brookfield Central Athletic Booster Club has announced the establishment of the Brookfield Central Athletic Booster Club Hall of Fame Award.
The purpose of this award is to recognize and honor outstanding achievement by individuals in athletics who have contributed to the promotion and growth of athletics at Brookfield Central High School.
The other intent of this award is to display to students and the public the athletic accomplishments of people who have been instrumental in creating an excellent athletic tradition at Central High School. Former student-athletes who have been out of high school for 10 years are eligible for nomination to the Athletic Hall of Fame.
The Hall of Fame will also be used to recognize others who have contributed to Lancer athletics. This honor may be used to recognize someone who has coached at Central or can also go to individuals who have made outstanding contributions to Lancers athletics in other ways.
Coaching candidates will not be eligible for selection until five years have elapsed since their coaching tenure at Central or they are an active coach with 20 years of service to BCHS.
At this time, the Hall of Fame Award Selection Committee is soliciting nominations from the community. Persons interested in nominating individuals for this award should contact Todd Sobrilsky, BC Athletic/Activities Director at (262)785-3918, email; email@example.com or stop in the Athletic Department, and/or visit the BCHS web site at www.elmbrookschools.org to request a nomination form.
Deadline for nomination is December 2, 2011.
The Hall of Fame will honor award winners each year during the school year at a planned winter athletic event (February 10) and in the spring at a Hall of Fame Banquet (May 19). A plaque honoring the award selections will be placed on permanent display in the event lobby outside the main gymnasium. A duplicate plaque will be presented to each recipient as well.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Brookfield Central guard Emma Brauer headed to UW-La Crosse
- Blue Sox increase winning streak to seven in a row
- Both Brookfield Land O' Lakes teams can make playoffs — or not
- Brookfield Bulldogs split two games over weekend
- Brookfield Land O'Lakes game brings back good memories
- Brookfield East baseball team places five players on all-GMC team
- Versatile Shipman is Lancers' unsung hero
- Brookfield Bulldogs go 0-3 in ABC Tournament
- Pride of Midwest to add another fast-pitch team