Erin Kokta has accepted the head coaching position for the Brookfield Central girls gymnastics co-op team.
Kokta has been an assistant coach in the program for four seasons. She has also been an assistant for five years in the girls track and field program at Brookfield East.
She is a 2006 graduate of UW-Eau Claire where she earned a degree in Mass Communication-Advertising. While at UWEC she was a three-time All-American athlete in track and field including a third- place finish in the long jump. She continued to serve as an assistant coach in the men's and women's program.
Kokta was also a standout high school athlete at Brookfield East competing in gymnastics and track and field. She currently works independently in graphic design and manages athletic events throughout the region for PT Timing.
"We are excited to have an athlete and coach of Erin's caliber continue her career in Brookfield," said Athletic Director Corey Golla. "She has already earned respect and credibility in our athletic program."
Kokta replaces Carina Garcia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Central boys beat Red Raiders, 52-41
- Big 4th quarter sparks Brookfield Central victory
- Brookfield Central boys basketball team pulls away in fourth quarter
- Big 4th quarter sparks BC victory
- Central boys pull away in fourth quarter
- Brookfield Central wrestlers defeat Spartans
- Brookfield/Cathoic Memorial Stars split two games on weekend
- Brookfield-Elm Grove sports notes: Dec. 18, 2014
- Smith's basket closes out Brookfield East win over Bulldogs