Erin Kokta has accepted the head coaching position for the Brookfield Central girls gymnastics co-op team.
Kokta has been an assistant coach in the program for four seasons. She has also been an assistant for five years in the girls track and field program at Brookfield East.
She is a 2006 graduate of UW-Eau Claire where she earned a degree in Mass Communication-Advertising. While at UWEC she was a three-time All-American athlete in track and field including a third- place finish in the long jump. She continued to serve as an assistant coach in the men's and women's program.
Kokta was also a standout high school athlete at Brookfield East competing in gymnastics and track and field. She currently works independently in graphic design and manages athletic events throughout the region for PT Timing.
"We are excited to have an athlete and coach of Erin's caliber continue her career in Brookfield," said Athletic Director Corey Golla. "She has already earned respect and credibility in our athletic program."
Kokta replaces Carina Garcia.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Football: Brookfield East crushes Beaver Dam, 47-0
- Dominic LaBellarte leads Brookfield Central football to 55-13 romp over Riverside
- West Bend rallies to beat Brookfield, 8-4
- Brookfield East girls volleyball team expects to contend
- East rushes for 434 yards in win over Popes
- Brookfield East soccer team looking to defend title
- Lueck does it again, wins fourth straight game for Bulldogs: Brookfield Bulldogs back in LOL Grand Championships
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: Brookfield East Spartans
- Brookfield Academy football team should be contenders