Erin Kokta has accepted the head coaching position for the Brookfield Central girls gymnastics co-op team.
Kokta has been an assistant coach in the program for four seasons. She has also been an assistant for five years in the girls track and field program at Brookfield East.
She is a 2006 graduate of UW-Eau Claire where she earned a degree in Mass Communication-Advertising. While at UWEC she was a three-time All-American athlete in track and field including a third- place finish in the long jump. She continued to serve as an assistant coach in the men's and women's program.
Kokta was also a standout high school athlete at Brookfield East competing in gymnastics and track and field. She currently works independently in graphic design and manages athletic events throughout the region for PT Timing.
"We are excited to have an athlete and coach of Erin's caliber continue her career in Brookfield," said Athletic Director Corey Golla. "She has already earned respect and credibility in our athletic program."
Kokta replaces Carina Garcia.
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Baseball: Brookfield East baseball has 6-0 week
- Soccer: Elm Grove soccer players to be honored
- Girls Track and Field: Brookfield East girls have another successful track and field season
- Baseball: Brookfield Central baseball can't quite end streak
- Baseball: Brookfield East uses five-run first inning to beat Lancers
- Land O’Lakes baseball: Arnold throws no-hitter, Blue Sox blank Menomonee Falls
- Elmbrook Swim Club hosted All-American meet at Brookfield East
- Softball: Brookfield Central had solid season under new coaching staff
- Elmbrook Swim Club: June 2