Muskego got some revenge and whipped Brookfield East Monday night, 8-2, at Muskego in a first-round game of the second Greater Metro Conference Tournament.
The Warriors (22-6) scored single runs in the second and third innings and then had 3-run innings in the third and the fifth to coast to the win.
Jake Jewell's 2-out RBI double off East losing pitcher John Foley got the Warriors on the board in the first inning. Alex Kozicki's sacrifice fly made it 2-0 in the second.
Jewell had an RBI ground out in the third and Kozicki ripped a 2-run double for a 5-0 lead. Muskego's last three runs in the fifth off reliever Nick Kanavas were all unearned thanks to two errors by the Spartans.
Kanavas worked three innings, allowing 5 hits, 3 walks and fanning two, while not allowing an earned run.
Kevin Sylla's SF to right field got East on the board in the sixth and Brandt Rogers had an rbi-single in the seventh for East's final two runs.
Rogers had two of East's five hits off Muskego Cole Borek, who walked two and fanned four.
East beat Borek, 11-1, on July 5 at East so the senior righthander got some revenge.
Borek had a good day at the plate with three hits and Sean Staral, Austin Wendlandt and Jewell each had two hits. Kozicki had 3 RBIs and Jewell had 2 RBIs.
Franklin nipped Brookfield Central, 3-2, setting up Tuesday night's battles.
The Warriors meet Franklin at Franklin and Brookfield Central will be at East (14-12). Games are at 5:30 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late rally lifts Brookfield East past Franklin boys, 64-61, in season opener
- Three Brookfield East football players earn All-Suburban honors
- Rasmussen, Knopp first-team All-Suburban
- Impressive start for Brookfield Central girls basketball
- Roundball Rankings: Player of the Week
- East girls struggle from the field
- Brookfield Academy: Dec. 5
- Dempsey, LeClaire to lead Brookfield East wrestling team
- Brookfield Stars hockey team wins Sheboygan Tournament
- Brookfield Central boys basketball rolls in Illinois tourney