Author Gordon Korman will be the featured speaker at a free presentation to be held at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center, 19805 W. Capitol Drive.
"An Evening with Gordon Korman" will include a presentation by the author and an autograph session.
At 6:30 p.m., the author also will moderate a special trivia contest entitled "Battle of the Books" between students at Pilgrim Park and Wisconsin Hills Middle Schools.
Korman has authored more than 50 middle-grade and teen novels. His works include New York Times bestseller "The 39 Clues" as well as "One False Note," "The Juvie Three," "Son of the Mob," "Born to Rock," Swindle" and "Schooled."
His latest book, Hideout, is scheduled to be released in January.
Originally from Canada, Korman live on Long Island in New York.
While the show is free and open to the public, seating is limited. Ticked are available at the Brookfield Public Library, 1900 N. Calhoun Road, and the Elm Grove Public Library at 13600 Juneau Boulevard. Tickets also are available at Pilgrim Park Middle School, 1500 Pilgrim Parkway in Elm Grove and at Wisconsin Hills Middle School, 18700 W. Wisconsin Ave. in Brookfield.
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Ask Now: Why did a tornado siren go off last week?
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Things to Do: July 21