Author Gordon Korman will be the featured speaker at a free presentation to be held at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center, 19805 W. Capitol Drive.
"An Evening with Gordon Korman" will include a presentation by the author and an autograph session.
At 6:30 p.m., the author also will moderate a special trivia contest entitled "Battle of the Books" between students at Pilgrim Park and Wisconsin Hills Middle Schools.
Korman has authored more than 50 middle-grade and teen novels. His works include New York Times bestseller "The 39 Clues" as well as "One False Note," "The Juvie Three," "Son of the Mob," "Born to Rock," Swindle" and "Schooled."
His latest book, Hideout, is scheduled to be released in January.
Originally from Canada, Korman live on Long Island in New York.
While the show is free and open to the public, seating is limited. Ticked are available at the Brookfield Public Library, 1900 N. Calhoun Road, and the Elm Grove Public Library at 13600 Juneau Boulevard. Tickets also are available at Pilgrim Park Middle School, 1500 Pilgrim Parkway in Elm Grove and at Wisconsin Hills Middle School, 18700 W. Wisconsin Ave. in Brookfield.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm
- Brookfield, Elm Grove police honored by American Legion