Author Gordon Korman will be the featured speaker at a free presentation to be held at 7 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center, 19805 W. Capitol Drive.
"An Evening with Gordon Korman" will include a presentation by the author and an autograph session.
At 6:30 p.m., the author also will moderate a special trivia contest entitled "Battle of the Books" between students at Pilgrim Park and Wisconsin Hills Middle Schools.
Korman has authored more than 50 middle-grade and teen novels. His works include New York Times bestseller "The 39 Clues" as well as "One False Note," "The Juvie Three," "Son of the Mob," "Born to Rock," Swindle" and "Schooled."
His latest book, Hideout, is scheduled to be released in January.
Originally from Canada, Korman live on Long Island in New York.
While the show is free and open to the public, seating is limited. Ticked are available at the Brookfield Public Library, 1900 N. Calhoun Road, and the Elm Grove Public Library at 13600 Juneau Boulevard. Tickets also are available at Pilgrim Park Middle School, 1500 Pilgrim Parkway in Elm Grove and at Wisconsin Hills Middle School, 18700 W. Wisconsin Ave. in Brookfield.
- Elm Grove to rule on new parks plan tonight
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 26
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: May 26
- Sports Authority to close Brookfield store, all stores nationwide
- Best Summer Ever: Five great summer reads
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Brookfield committee directs police department to begin prescription drug drop box program
- Brookfield committee to discuss prescription drug drop boxes in the city
- Brookfield committee discusses TIF referendum option, no action taken