Frozen yogurt and a summer breeze are coming to the Ruby Isle shopping center.
Yo Mama Yogurt has taken the place of That Coffee Place, and on Monday, the city of Brookfield Plan Commission approved making the drive-through into an outdoor seating area.
The Common Council has already approved the code changes to accommodate the business change and the remodel began back in January for Yo Mama.
Rebecca and Scott Berger opened a Yo Mama Yogurt in Wauwatosa last summer with rousing success thanks to a hot summer. The Brookfield family is now opening a location in Brookfield, a plan that has been met with unanimous approval from Brookfield city officials, particularly Alderman Scott Berg.
Berg made a special trip to the commission meeting to support the plans, saying he'd been to the Wauwatosa store several times and the product "passed with flying colors." He also supported the idea of having outdoor seating, providing a place he said families and residents could come consistently and enjoy themselves.
"Brookfield is not a rigid, by-the-book place," he told the commission.
"If people don't believe that, we can invite them for a cone of chocolate."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition
- Water main project in Elm Grove could cause delays
- In Our Schools: May 20
- News & Notes: May 20
- Man charged with fleeing Brookfield police making drunken driving stop
- City: Brookfield drinking water is safe despite contamination warning