A woman who used her sister's identity to avoid arrest for driving with a suspended license in December was arrested for obstructing an officer about 8:45 p.m. March 27.
According to the Elm Grove police report:
The woman had been driving in the village and was pulled over Dec. 18 for an illegal U-turn. She said she used her sister's name because she didn't want to be arrested with her son in the car.
She was arrested at the Elm Grove Police Department, 13600 Juneau Blvd., on March 27. Police realized her lie when her sister called to dispute the ticket.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction starts on Brookfield Square expansion
- Wisconsin's Attorney General Brad Schimel reflects on first months in new office
- Elmbrook School District faces $1 million reduction in funding under Gov. Scott Walker's budget (6)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 26
- North side Brookfield residents continue to battle flooding
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- On the Move: Feb. 26
- Education Notes: Feb. 29
- Elmbrook Parent Network to address appropriate social media use in panel discussion