A woman told town of Brookfield police that car wash employees did more than a wax and vacuum during a visit to a local car wash.
According to the police report:
A 78-year-old Brookfield woman took her car to Full Service Car Wash, 19050 W. Bluemound Road, on the morning of March 20.
She said she remembered having her .38 revolver in the front seat's fold-down armrest the day before.
She got out of her car and an employee drove it into the wash.
When employees returned her car after the wash, the woman said the gun was missing and she immediately notified management.
Police responded, interviewed all employees who handled the car, checked surveillance video and found nothing suspicious, according to the report.
Police also checked nearby bushes, trash and shrubs, but did not locate the gun.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: May 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 5
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal (1)
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (8)