A woman told town of Brookfield police that car wash employees did more than a wax and vacuum during a visit to a local car wash.
According to the police report:
A 78-year-old Brookfield woman took her car to Full Service Car Wash, 19050 W. Bluemound Road, on the morning of March 20.
She said she remembered having her .38 revolver in the front seat's fold-down armrest the day before.
She got out of her car and an employee drove it into the wash.
When employees returned her car after the wash, the woman said the gun was missing and she immediately notified management.
Police responded, interviewed all employees who handled the car, checked surveillance video and found nothing suspicious, according to the report.
Police also checked nearby bushes, trash and shrubs, but did not locate the gun.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: March 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: March 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 5
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Brookfield mosque invites public for open house
- Brookfield brewery to host St. Patty's Day Party
- Approval easier for fences now in Elm Grove
- Tap dancing in high school? 'Anything Goes' in Brookfield Academy's spring musical
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- OSHA says drill rig involved in construction worker's death