Woman robbed, tied up inside her home
Teenager likely entered home while victim was watering
A 15-year-old boy was arrested Monday evening after tying up a Brookfield woman at gunpoint inside her home on the 800 block of Auburn Drive, robbing her and driving away in her convertible Corvette, according to the Brookfield Police Department.
The 62-year-old woman told police the teen tied her to a chair with electrical cords and rope after confronting her in her bedroom with a handgun. The victim was able to free herself and went to a neighbor's house, who called police at 5:07 p.m. The woman gave a detailed description of her vehicle and the suspect, and an officer spotted it traveling eastbound on Greenfield Avenue, east of Moorland Road. According to police, there was a short pursuit, but the suspect was arrested and taken into custody without incident.
Brookfield Police Capt. Jim Adlam said police believe the victim was watering her lawn when the suspect went into her home and waited for her. That same person is also believed to have come to her door earlier in the day with a handout for a fake lawn company.
The handgun was an Airsoft gun that police believe was taken from Gander Mountain in Waukesha earlier that day, Adlam said. Airsoft guns fire plastic pellets and are often mistaken for real weapons.
The victim did not sustain serious injuries, Adlam said, however she did suffer bruises and scrapes, as well as indents in her skin where the rope was tied around her.
The suspect was charged with armed robbery, armed burglary, battery, false imprisonment and fleeing an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County planning work on Brookfield intersection
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Creating interesting experiences is a risky business, and the Wilson
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: April 23
- Things to do in Brookfield and Elm Grove: April 23
- Elmbrook student, teacher named 2015 Herb Kohl Excellence Scholarship and Fellowship recipients
- Learning Rx: Brookfield East students compete in Moody's Mega Math Challenge and win honorable menti
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 16
- Brookfield looks to put finishing touches on 124th Street Commerce District (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 16