Waukesha State Bank to move its Brookfield location
New location will share parking with Mr. B's
Waukesha State Bank will move its Brookfield branch to a new location.
The existing branch, at 19265 W. Capitol Drive, will close and move a few blocks east to 18300 W. Capitol Drive, between Mr. B's Steakhouse and Anchor Bank. The Common Council approved the move Tuesday.
The original plan for the site, approved by the Plan Commission in 2006, was for construction of a 20,000-square-foot, two-story office building.
Those plans fell through, and Waukesha State Bank acquired the site in 2010.
In a letter to the city dated Nov. 2, Marynell Costa, vice president of the bank, said the new location will be a full-service branch with a community room available free of charge for nonprofit organizations.
The 5,500-square-foot building will have a five-car drive-thru.
The 82 parking stalls included in the plan is more than the 22 spaces required by the city, but are part of a shared parking agreement with Mr. B's Steakhouse, a representative from the bank told the Plan Commission on Dec. 10.
Waukesha State Bank has 13 full-service offices in Waukesha County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adults and seniors invited to special ice skating event at Eble arena April 9
- Ask Now: How big are Brookfield's hills?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 2
- Brookfield couple charged in child neglect case
- School funding cuts are a hot topic at a Wauwatosa listening session
- Brookfield aldermen to vote next week on Irgens financial aid (1)
- Businesses team up to help victims of domestic violence
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 2
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 2
- Business Spotlight: Sensible Gurus of Brookfield understands that peace of mind is knowing your tech