Waukesha State Bank to move its Brookfield location
New location will share parking with Mr. B's
Waukesha State Bank will move its Brookfield branch to a new location.
The existing branch, at 19265 W. Capitol Drive, will close and move a few blocks east to 18300 W. Capitol Drive, between Mr. B's Steakhouse and Anchor Bank. The Common Council approved the move Tuesday.
The original plan for the site, approved by the Plan Commission in 2006, was for construction of a 20,000-square-foot, two-story office building.
Those plans fell through, and Waukesha State Bank acquired the site in 2010.
In a letter to the city dated Nov. 2, Marynell Costa, vice president of the bank, said the new location will be a full-service branch with a community room available free of charge for nonprofit organizations.
The 5,500-square-foot building will have a five-car drive-thru.
The 82 parking stalls included in the plan is more than the 22 spaces required by the city, but are part of a shared parking agreement with Mr. B's Steakhouse, a representative from the bank told the Plan Commission on Dec. 10.
Waukesha State Bank has 13 full-service offices in Waukesha County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County beaches open Saturday
- Brookfield native takes culinary skills to television
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: May 28
- Brookfield family shares online school experience
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity? (2)
- Brookfield's Scott named chair of governmental accounting council
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis
- Town of Brookfield's Carp O' Rama on cusp of cancellation