New Berlin - The New Berlin Plan Commission tabled a proposal for a Walmart supercenter at 15205-15375 W. Greenfield Ave. on Monday, at the request of Walmart attorney Deborah Tomczyk.
Walmart needs more time to address objections that residents brought up, she wrote to the commission. But Walmart plans to return at the commission's March 4 meeting.
"Walmart representatives have now had the benefit of citizen comments at both the Jan. 7 public hearing and a neighborhood meeting held Jan. 23," Tomczyk wrote. "Many attendees raised thoughtful issues which our team feels warrant further study."
Even though the Walmart proposal was tabled, many residents spoke to the commission about it, mainly repeating concerns raised earlier about traffic, making area flooding problems worse, light and noise.
Robert Christie, a potential Walmart neighbor, held up a photograph of a brightly lighted Walmart supercenter taken from the yard of a neighbor of the Muskego store and said, "This is what you want to put in my back yard."
Zoran Markovich of Carriage Lane who also spoke against the Walmart at the Jan. 7 hearing that took some three hours with no one speaking in favor, pleaded, "Listen to us."
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Residents, officials pleased with improvements at Calhoun Road railroad crossing in Brookfield (4)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Brief: Elm Grove Library hosting a celebration of supper clubs
- Brookfield Ask Now: Will the pathway on Pilgrim be paved?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 30
- Brookfield residents unsatisfied by reduced levels of lighting at Golf Parkway (2)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 30
- Brookfield committee to study beekeeping
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30