Two fires caused minor damage in Brookfield this weekend.
A pot of water boiled over on a stove, causing a pan of cooking oil to overflow and ignite a grill at Brookfield Commons, 15455 W. Bluemound Road, just before 6 p.m. Nov. 4, according to the Fire Department.
The business was evacuated while the owner activated an overhead sprinkler system that extinguished the blaze.
Damage was limited to about four ceiling tiles above the stove.
Brookfield firefighters also were called to a second-floor condominium in the 18000 block of Taywood Circle for a report that a deck was on fire just before 4:30 p.m. Nov. 6.
A city of Brookfield police officer who arrived on the scene before firefighters used a fire extinguisher to bring the blaze under control; minimal damage was done to the porch, according to Fire Department reports.
The owner of the condo told firefighters he was not home when the blaze started; a neighbor had reported the fire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Feb 11
- Engagement: Freckmann-Weiss
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- Elm Grove releases surveillance photos of TCF Bank robbery suspects (5)
- Elmbrook School Board takes a look at crowding at Swanson school (17)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 4
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development? (5)