Two fires caused minor damage in Brookfield this weekend.
A pot of water boiled over on a stove, causing a pan of cooking oil to overflow and ignite a grill at Brookfield Commons, 15455 W. Bluemound Road, just before 6 p.m. Nov. 4, according to the Fire Department.
The business was evacuated while the owner activated an overhead sprinkler system that extinguished the blaze.
Damage was limited to about four ceiling tiles above the stove.
Brookfield firefighters also were called to a second-floor condominium in the 18000 block of Taywood Circle for a report that a deck was on fire just before 4:30 p.m. Nov. 6.
A city of Brookfield police officer who arrived on the scene before firefighters used a fire extinguisher to bring the blaze under control; minimal damage was done to the porch, according to Fire Department reports.
The owner of the condo told firefighters he was not home when the blaze started; a neighbor had reported the fire.
- Brookfield council to vote on adopting park-naming process
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News and Notes: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 28
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- 'Missing' swimmer in Brookfield park was likely not missing
- Brookfield's Linx Club project gets OK despite concerns
- Supporters line up to push Brookfield beekeeping (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Things to Do: July 21
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1