Town Supervisors John Schatzman and Pat Stroebel held onto their seats, fending off challenger Larry Hipp by a wide margin.
The vote totals, according to unofficial results Tuesday:
John Schatzman (i) 453
Pat Stroebel (i) 415
Larry Hipp 155
Election results remain unofficial until they are certified by the board of canvassers, which met Wednesday after press deadline.
About 12 percent of the 4,418 registered voters in the town cast ballots.
Schatzman and Stroebel both thought their records of holding down taxes were what clinched their victories.
"I think the citizens have called it correctly," Schatzman said. "I think people believe in the message of really watching our checkbook. It is about the money when it comes to taxes, and I respect the voters and I think they respect my acting on their behalf."
"It's good to see all the work John and myself have done to get the town in such a good financial position has really paid off, and the voters have really appreciated that," he said. "That's what people want to see, that we're spending their money wisely and building out our community in a smart way. I'm looking forward to another two great years."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: July 31, 2014 issue
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth