The town of Brookfield issued a burning ban this morning. It is in effect until further notice, said Fire Chief Andrew Smerz.
This ban includes any outdoor burning, campfires or fire pits. The use of commercial outdoor barbecue grills for the preparation of food is allowed.
Fireworks are restricted in accordance with town ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (1)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30