The town of Brookfield issued a burning ban this morning. It is in effect until further notice, said Fire Chief Andrew Smerz.
This ban includes any outdoor burning, campfires or fire pits. The use of commercial outdoor barbecue grills for the preparation of food is allowed.
Fireworks are restricted in accordance with town ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elm Grove releases surveillance photos of TCF Bank robbery suspects (7)
- Elmbrook School Board takes a look at crowding at Swanson school (16)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 4
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 4
- Ask Now: What are Ponto's other priorities, beyond development? (6)
- Brookfield man charged with shooting neighbors arrested again for assaulting hotel manager (3)
- Town of Brookfield man faces possible prison time in domestic violence case
- Brookfield Elm Grove Interfaith Network sets sights on building bridges
- Brookfield Square already planning another expansion, including parking structure (2)