The town of Brookfield issued a burning ban this morning. It is in effect until further notice, said Fire Chief Andrew Smerz.
This ban includes any outdoor burning, campfires or fire pits. The use of commercial outdoor barbecue grills for the preparation of food is allowed.
Fireworks are restricted in accordance with town ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bus shelter advertising approved by Brookfield aldermen
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 1
- The Corners, in the town of Brookfield, adds a women's fashion store to its growing list of tenants
- Brookfield city council to meet Tuesday at 7:45 p.m.
- Brookfield church hopes to bring residents, local music together
- Auditions at Brookfield's Wilson Center may take singers to the Met
- Elm Grove proposed budget requires reduction
- Brookfield East High School recruits students for new DECA chapter
- Brookfield drunk driver leads police on 80 mph chase