The town of Brookfield issued a burning ban this morning. It is in effect until further notice, said Fire Chief Andrew Smerz.
This ban includes any outdoor burning, campfires or fire pits. The use of commercial outdoor barbecue grills for the preparation of food is allowed.
Fireworks are restricted in accordance with town ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Weekly Planner: Oct 2
- Elm Grove family key to Vietnam program
- Brookfield church using a game to decrease environmental impact
- In wake of theft spree, Brookfield police give gym safety tips
- Business Notes: Oct. 2
- Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 2
- Town of Brookfield plays a waiting game on The Corners
- Brookfield dog rescue operation tries to find a place in life for every dog
- Ask Now: Which has more park space per resident — the City of Brookfield, or Elm Grove?
- Elmbrook's Dixon Elementary celebrates language diversity with new banners