The town of Brookfield issued a burning ban this morning. It is in effect until further notice, said Fire Chief Andrew Smerz.
This ban includes any outdoor burning, campfires or fire pits. The use of commercial outdoor barbecue grills for the preparation of food is allowed.
Fireworks are restricted in accordance with town ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: March 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: March 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 5
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Brookfield mosque invites public for open house
- Brookfield brewery to host St. Patty's Day Party
- Approval easier for fences now in Elm Grove
- Tap dancing in high school? 'Anything Goes' in Brookfield Academy's spring musical
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- OSHA says drill rig involved in construction worker's death