The town of Brookfield issued a burning ban this morning. It is in effect until further notice, said Fire Chief Andrew Smerz.
This ban includes any outdoor burning, campfires or fire pits. The use of commercial outdoor barbecue grills for the preparation of food is allowed.
Fireworks are restricted in accordance with town ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Two suspects charged with Elm Grove burglaries, thefts
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 7
- Deanna Wellens named new associate principal of Pilgrim Park Middle School
- Ask Now: Where to play tennis at night?
- Elmbrook School District moves forward with wellness clinic for employees
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 30
- Brookfield quarry project on hold as city studies a code amendment
- In Brookfield, price is a minor factor in 'housing options' (1)
- In Our Schools: April 30