The town of Brookfield issued a burning ban this morning. It is in effect until further notice, said Fire Chief Andrew Smerz.
This ban includes any outdoor burning, campfires or fire pits. The use of commercial outdoor barbecue grills for the preparation of food is allowed.
Fireworks are restricted in accordance with town ordinance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield couple's theater company keeps growing
- Brookfield police suspect wallet theft part of organized crime ring
- Elm Grove trustees endorse path as priority
- Elmbrook School District's ACT results reach all-time high (4)
- Elmbrook Humane Society waives certain adoption fees for National Bow Tie Day
- Longtime Elm Grove servant passes away
- Waukesha County endorses Poplar Creek project's conditional use permit
- School Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Brookfield East alumni unite in Madison business