The Town of Brookfield has announced a lawn sprinkling ban for all properties effective immediately and until further notice.
The ban applies to watering of lawns and washing of cars, with the exception of commercial carwashes that recycle the water.
Property owners may water flower beds and shrubs from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. based on address. Even numbered properties may be watered on even numbered days and odd numbered properties may be watered on odd numbered days based on the 6 p.m. start time.
Property owners who have newly installed lawns may obtain a temporary permit from the Sanitary District.
For more information, call 262-798-8631.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Residents asked to turn in unused prescription drugs
- Brookfield girl gets death threats from ex
- Police Report: April 22
- Your votes, your voice
- News & Notes: April 24
- For Earth Day, local officials reflect on environmental impact
- In Our Schools: April 21
- Hilton planned for town of Brookfield
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history