The Town of Brookfield has announced a lawn sprinkling ban for all properties effective immediately and until further notice.
The ban applies to watering of lawns and washing of cars, with the exception of commercial carwashes that recycle the water.
Property owners may water flower beds and shrubs from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. based on address. Even numbered properties may be watered on even numbered days and odd numbered properties may be watered on odd numbered days based on the 6 p.m. start time.
Property owners who have newly installed lawns may obtain a temporary permit from the Sanitary District.
For more information, call 262-798-8631.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. John Vianney receives three 'Exemplary' awards from Archdiocese
- Brookfield, Elmbrook School District may team up on new Internet network
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Elmbrook School District celebrates its first 50 years
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Elm Grove approves paving bids for 124th Street and Elmhurst Parkway
- Teachers as well as athletes to get coaching in Greenfield schools