The Town of Brookfield has announced a lawn sprinkling ban for all properties effective immediately and until further notice.
The ban applies to watering of lawns and washing of cars, with the exception of commercial carwashes that recycle the water.
Property owners may water flower beds and shrubs from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. based on address. Even numbered properties may be watered on even numbered days and odd numbered properties may be watered on odd numbered days based on the 6 p.m. start time.
Property owners who have newly installed lawns may obtain a temporary permit from the Sanitary District.
For more information, call 262-798-8631.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City could spend over $12 million in providing aid for Irgens' The Corridor
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield officially changes water dept. schedules
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22