The Town of Brookfield has announced a lawn sprinkling ban for all properties effective immediately and until further notice.
The ban applies to watering of lawns and washing of cars, with the exception of commercial carwashes that recycle the water.
Property owners may water flower beds and shrubs from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m. based on address. Even numbered properties may be watered on even numbered days and odd numbered properties may be watered on odd numbered days based on the 6 p.m. start time.
Property owners who have newly installed lawns may obtain a temporary permit from the Sanitary District.
For more information, call 262-798-8631.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Outdoor sidewalk sales in Brookfield receive city approval
- Brookfield woman says unleashed Rottweiler attacked her dog
- Police Report: June 18
- Elmbrook surveys for satisfaction
- WisDOT may use Brookfield quarry as clean fill dump for seven years
- Ask NOW: Why can't 16-year-olds check out movies at the Brookfield Public Library?
- Elmbrook named top workplace
- Business Calendar: May 16-29
- Grab a Bite: Jake's: More than just steak and potatoes
- 'Starry Nights' at the Wilson Center starts June 21