Fire caused about $90,000 in damage to a town of Brookfield home on Dona Vista Drive on Dec. 7, according to the town of Brookfield Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the home at 755 Dona Vista Drive when a motorist on Davidson Road reported seeing smoke just after 11 p.m. Dec. 7.
A town of Brookfield police officer who was among the first on scene pounded on the door until a woman who resided there awoke and came outside, according to a police report.
Fire Chief Andrew Smerz said the fire started in the garage, and an insurance company investigator is working to establish its cause.
Smerz said it appears the fire caused about $70,000 in structural damage. Smoke and fire damage to contents of the home and garage - including a car - totaled about $22,000.
No injuries were reported.
Mutual assistance was rendered from firefighters from the town of Waukesha, city of Pewaukee and village of Elm Grove.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Nov. Dec. 7
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion (1)
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm