Fire caused about $90,000 in damage to a town of Brookfield home on Dona Vista Drive on Dec. 7, according to the town of Brookfield Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the home at 755 Dona Vista Drive when a motorist on Davidson Road reported seeing smoke just after 11 p.m. Dec. 7.
A town of Brookfield police officer who was among the first on scene pounded on the door until a woman who resided there awoke and came outside, according to a police report.
Fire Chief Andrew Smerz said the fire started in the garage, and an insurance company investigator is working to establish its cause.
Smerz said it appears the fire caused about $70,000 in structural damage. Smoke and fire damage to contents of the home and garage - including a car - totaled about $22,000.
No injuries were reported.
Mutual assistance was rendered from firefighters from the town of Waukesha, city of Pewaukee and village of Elm Grove.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Poplar Creek, Home2Suites highlight town board agenda
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does the city get involved in the market?
- 124th street extension off the table despite Elm Grove support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Aug. 6
- Elmbrook aims to increase staff satisfaction after seeing low trends in annual survey
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Aug. 6
- Library Recommendations: July 30
- Senior Meals: August 6
- Elm Grove to host first camp out in Village Park
- Business Spotlight: Commerce State Bank knows its way around business growth