Fire caused about $90,000 in damage to a town of Brookfield home on Dona Vista Drive on Dec. 7, according to the town of Brookfield Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the home at 755 Dona Vista Drive when a motorist on Davidson Road reported seeing smoke just after 11 p.m. Dec. 7.
A town of Brookfield police officer who was among the first on scene pounded on the door until a woman who resided there awoke and came outside, according to a police report.
Fire Chief Andrew Smerz said the fire started in the garage, and an insurance company investigator is working to establish its cause.
Smerz said it appears the fire caused about $70,000 in structural damage. Smoke and fire damage to contents of the home and garage - including a car - totaled about $22,000.
No injuries were reported.
Mutual assistance was rendered from firefighters from the town of Waukesha, city of Pewaukee and village of Elm Grove.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- In Brief: Oct. 1
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 1
- Eble Park garden gets a lot of help from volunteers
- Elm Grove Woman's Club, Junior Guild reconnecting
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Multifamily housing surges in Brookfield
- Brookfield Ask Now: Why are lanes closed on Bluemound Road? (1)
- Buddy Squirrel happy to return to Brookfield Square (2)