Fire caused about $90,000 in damage to a town of Brookfield home on Dona Vista Drive on Dec. 7, according to the town of Brookfield Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to the home at 755 Dona Vista Drive when a motorist on Davidson Road reported seeing smoke just after 11 p.m. Dec. 7.
A town of Brookfield police officer who was among the first on scene pounded on the door until a woman who resided there awoke and came outside, according to a police report.
Fire Chief Andrew Smerz said the fire started in the garage, and an insurance company investigator is working to establish its cause.
Smerz said it appears the fire caused about $70,000 in structural damage. Smoke and fire damage to contents of the home and garage - including a car - totaled about $22,000.
No injuries were reported.
Mutual assistance was rendered from firefighters from the town of Waukesha, city of Pewaukee and village of Elm Grove.
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (5)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for