Town of Brookfield residents won't see a property tax increase in 2012, which marks the third consecutive year town officials have voted to hold the line on spending.
The Town Board unanimously approved a $4.62 million operating budget for 2012 on Tuesday. That represents a 0.08 percent decrease from 2011.
Property tax payers will pay $3.56 per $1,000 of assessed property value to support a $3.6 million levy.
"The town sees a very bright financial future and expects to maintain its current levels of municipal services for many years to come," Town Administrator Rick Czopp said.
The town used savings from employee pension contributions and a 60 percent decrease in debt interest payments to offset a 25 percent decrease in shared revenue and a 10 percent decrease in state transportation aid.
Town debt has dropped to $842,231, Czopp said, and that balance will be eliminated by 2013.
Supervisors will review town sewer and water budgets next month and anticipate no rate increases for an eighth consecutive year, Czopp said.
A $200,000 effort to resurface Brookfield Road highlights next year's capital improvement plan. Another $168,000 will be set aside for replacement of police and public works equipment and for park improvements.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At the Fun Kids Dentist, the fun starts at age 1
- Wheaton Franciscan's Elmbrook Memorial Hospital to undergo $28.6 million renovation
- Library Recommendations: Oct. 15
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Oct. 15
- Brookfield plan commission approves Capitol West Plaza rezoning request
- Fairview South addresses low enrollment, parents fear school closure (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Oct. 15
- Waukesha County looking for resident feedback on emergency plan (1)
- St. Mary's Visitation Parish to host relics of St. Maria Goretti, the Patroness of Mercy
- Brookfield mosque, Jewish congregation forge a friendship (3)