The Lancers are hoping Elmbrook residents will make the "nice guys" at Sorens Ford pay up: The Ford Motor Company will donate up to $6,000 to Brookfield Central High School for each person taking a free test drive Saturday, March 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The more people who drive, the more money will be earned for the school.
Sorens will offer five cars for test drives in the school's parking lot. Ford will donate $20 per test drive to the school's Booster Club, with money helping to bring new concessions and bathrooms to Central's outdoor athletic fields.
The event is running in conjunction with the Booster Club's used sports equipment sale inside the gym.
Sorens Ford marketing coordinator Leslie Dehn said the company's test-drive event last year at Brookfield East raised $1,800. They even sold a few cars.
The fundraiser was so successful they wanted to drive across town and bring the event to Central.
"Sorens is huge about supporting the community," Dehn said.
As president of Pilgrim Park Middle School's PTO, Dehn said she knows how badly schools need the help.
"We need to get this money back into the school, because right now they don't have so much," she said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board president stepping down
- Elmbrook School District likely to cut 25-30 positions
- Brookfield mother, daughter create worldwide fundraiser to help Boston Marathon victims
- Police report: May 21
- Despite Elm Grove residents' concerns, Juneau Pathway approved Monday
- Loaded handgun taken from unlocked car in Brookfield
- Ask NOW: When will the Capitol Drive construction be over?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove police join national Click It or Ticket campaign
- Pilgrim Park students' rocket takes first at regional competition