School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Deanna Wellens named new associate principal of Pilgrim Park Middle School
- Ask Now: Where to play tennis at night?
- Elmbrook School District moves forward with wellness clinic for employees
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 30
- Brookfield quarry project on hold as city studies a code amendment
- In Brookfield, price is a minor factor in 'housing options' (1)
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Brookfield farmers market returns Saturday
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS