School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area residents invited to join fight against paralysis
- Ask Now: Too much goose use of Fox Brook Park?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 29
- Business Notes: Jan. 29
- On The Move: Jan 29
- New Brookfield bus line runs familiar, faster route (1)
- Residents invited to explore Germany
- Elm Grove amends ordinance to protect trees
- Brookfield officials welcome multifamily project on Lisbon Road
- Retired Elm Grove police chief remembered