School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Hobby Lobby store set for grand opening
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield couple's theater company keeps growing
- Brookfield police suspect wallet theft part of organized crime ring
- Elm Grove trustees endorse path as priority
- Elmbrook School District's ACT results reach all-time high (4)
- Elmbrook Humane Society waives certain adoption fees for National Bow Tie Day
- Longtime Elm Grove servant passes away
- Waukesha County endorses Poplar Creek project's conditional use permit (1)