School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Brookfield Christian's Ryan Dekker named Teacher of the Year by local radio station
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Council: Smaller setback is enough for City Lights
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- Officials concerned over amount of retail on Bluemound (3)
- Brookfield criticizes state Hotel and Lodging Association proposal
- Brookfield chicken amendment moves on