School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with special needs aims for independence
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders