School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26
- City of Brookfield to discuss potential financial aid for Milwaukee Tool expansion
- Suspect in Brookfield drive-by shooting charged in federal court for possession of a firearm
- Brookfield, Elm Grove police honored by American Legion