School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: School Notes
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 25
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Things to Do: Dec. 25
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Former Brookfield East soccer coach finishes second music CD
- Ask Now: Does Elmbrook Humane Society leave animals outside?
- New Brookfield TIF gets final approval
- Elmbrook School District introduces 'Nutrislice' smartphone app to gain feedback on cafeteria food
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal