School Board President Tom Gehl and Keith Brightman, assistant superintendent for finance and operations, will negotiate a contract Tuesday evening with Mark Hansen to become the next superintendent for the Elmbrook School District.
Gehl said the full School Board met Monday to hammer out the parameters of the contract and that Tuesday's negotiation will, like Monday's meeting, be held in closed session.
He declined to comment further on the timeline for the negotiations, though the board previously committed to hiring a new superintendent before the end of the month.
The next School Board meeting is scheduled for Feb. 28.
Hansen currently is the chief academic officer for the Pewaukee School District.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield National Night Out unites community against crime
- Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts receives $50,000 grant
- Spirited duo brings entertainment, inspiration to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 31
- Upcoming meetings: July 31
- Village heeds objections to trash change
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth
- 500 students attend Brookfield Academy's Summer Days Program