Kristin Olson has been in the fitness industry for more than a decade, but only in the last eight years has she seen her clients gain significantly more results in less time.
"I started my career as a personal trainer, but when I found that my clients weren't getting value out of their gym workout sessions, I did some research and discovered Pilates," said Olson, who opened Absolute Pilates in Brookfield in 2004. "Unlike gym workouts, which segment muscle groups, Pilates views the body as a whole system working as one."
Created by German-born Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century, Pilates employs a series of controlled body movements and resistance training that builds lean muscles and a strong core and back, while developing proper breathing techniques to relieve stress.
Olson said that while many variations of Pilates exist, her studio practices the traditional form.
"It's very difficult to obtain a certification in the purist form of Pilates, but it's worth it," said the ex-gymnast with a Bachelor of Science degree in kinesiology. "The classical approach lets us teach the complete system of exercises that Joseph Pilates used, so our clients can get the utmost out of their workouts."
Located in Stonewood Village, Absolute Pilates conducts private and group sessions for beginners and advanced students, who range in age from pre-teens to senior citizens. Olson and her team of instructors also perform injury rehabilitation on clients, who have advanced beyond physical therapy.
"It brings me great joy to see the improvement my clients make from session to session," Olson said.
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Absolute Pilates
ADDRESS: Stonewood Village-Bedford House 17700 W. Capitol Drive, Brookfield
PHONE: (262) 617-0731
OWNER: Kristin Olson
TYPE OF BUSINESS: fitness
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "You will feel different after 10 sessions, see a difference after 20 and have an entirely new body after 30." - Joseph Pilates
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Return Engagement
- Grasch's continues its family tradition of quality groceries
- Brookfield promotional business advocates useful items, not trinkets
- Company helps people, businesses save on energy
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart
- Retirement just didn't pan out for Pro Cast's owner
- Halen Homes young, but making mark
- Freedom Physical Therapy triples clinic size
- Drove over your cell phone? CPR may help
- Spring Bank risked weak economy but won big
- Having a party? Don't fret, decorative tableware rentals available
- Brand personality key to architecture
- Science, intuition work together at Campione Chiropractic
- All-natural, fresh made cookies are staple at Sweet!
- Dental practice remembers motto: 'Never treat a stranger'