The Elm Grove Community Foundation, Elm Grove Business Association and local artists have teamed up to design custom benches for businesses in downtown Elm Grove.
The Sitting Pretty project debuted in May and the hand-painted benches are meant to represent the owners that choose to purchase one. Community Foundation President Helen Shiely said the foundation has sold about 10 benches so far.
"It's a way to promote interest in downtown Elm Grove," Shiely said.
Buyers work with the artist to develop a colorful design that represents the recipient's brand. Benches can be purchased for businesses or donated to schools, churches or other organizations.
Anyone interested in purchasing a bench can call the Elm Grove Community Foundation at (262) 784-4591.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Suites announces reflag to Embassy Suites, multi-million dollar renovation (1)
- Uber, Elmbrook Humane Society team up to deliver puppies Friday
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence (2)
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (7)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (4)