The Elm Grove Community Foundation, Elm Grove Business Association and local artists have teamed up to design custom benches for businesses in downtown Elm Grove.
The Sitting Pretty project debuted in May and the hand-painted benches are meant to represent the owners that choose to purchase one. Community Foundation President Helen Shiely said the foundation has sold about 10 benches so far.
"It's a way to promote interest in downtown Elm Grove," Shiely said.
Buyers work with the artist to develop a colorful design that represents the recipient's brand. Benches can be purchased for businesses or donated to schools, churches or other organizations.
Anyone interested in purchasing a bench can call the Elm Grove Community Foundation at (262) 784-4591.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT results reach all-time high (3)
- Elmbrook Humane Society waives certain adoption fees for National Bow Tie Day
- Longtime Elm Grove servant passes away
- Waukesha County endorses Poplar Creek project's conditional use permit
- School Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Brookfield East alumni unite in Madison business
- Brookfield Academy appoints new Head of School
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl
- Police seek suspects after theft of wallet, fraudulent use of credit card
- Local physicians to stage Band-Aid benefit at Wilson Center