The Elm Grove Community Foundation, Elm Grove Business Association and local artists have teamed up to design custom benches for businesses in downtown Elm Grove.
The Sitting Pretty project debuted in May and the hand-painted benches are meant to represent the owners that choose to purchase one. Community Foundation President Helen Shiely said the foundation has sold about 10 benches so far.
"It's a way to promote interest in downtown Elm Grove," Shiely said.
Buyers work with the artist to develop a colorful design that represents the recipient's brand. Benches can be purchased for businesses or donated to schools, churches or other organizations.
Anyone interested in purchasing a bench can call the Elm Grove Community Foundation at (262) 784-4591.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City could spend over $12 million in providing aid for Irgens' The Corridor
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield
- Brookfield council tables quarry project citing unanswered questions
- Ask Now: Will Anthem College in Brookfield be replaced?
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Brookfield officially changes water dept. schedules
- Brookfield Library Recommendations: Jan. 22