The Elm Grove Community Foundation, Elm Grove Business Association and local artists have teamed up to design custom benches for businesses in downtown Elm Grove.
The Sitting Pretty project debuted in May and the hand-painted benches are meant to represent the owners that choose to purchase one. Community Foundation President Helen Shiely said the foundation has sold about 10 benches so far.
"It's a way to promote interest in downtown Elm Grove," Shiely said.
Buyers work with the artist to develop a colorful design that represents the recipient's brand. Benches can be purchased for businesses or donated to schools, churches or other organizations.
Anyone interested in purchasing a bench can call the Elm Grove Community Foundation at (262) 784-4591.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction starts on Brookfield Square expansion
- Wisconsin's Attorney General Brad Schimel reflects on first months in new office
- Elmbrook School District faces $1 million reduction in funding under Gov. Scott Walker's budget (6)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 26
- North side Brookfield residents continue to battle flooding
- Ask Now: Any plans for Brookfield's former Venice Club?
- On the Move: Feb. 26
- Education Notes: Feb. 29
- Elmbrook Parent Network to address appropriate social media use in panel discussion