A trip to the lakefront in downtown Pewaukee was like a journey to another epoch recently. Antique wooden boats were displayed for the public to view while wheelmen on their big-wheel bikes pedaled along the road. The downtown was filled with people enjoying the antique boats and cars as well as an art fair presented by the Glacier Lakes Chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society.
Lorayne Ritt covers Waukesha County's nonprofits. Call her at (262) 542-6797.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Pewaukee chamber goes Hollywood
- A maddening crowd
- Interfaith Senior Programs helping people age with dignity
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club Ladies' Night Out
- Wine & Whiskers
- Safe Babies Healthy Families Sweetheart Fashion Show
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Celebrating Wall of Fame
- Delafield Chamber of Commerce Pink Tie Gala
- A celebration of support for The Women's Center
- Elmbrook Education Association Ladies Night Out
- The 14th annual Hope Center Thanksgiving Dinner
- Interfaith Caregiving Network fish fry
- Close to Home: Boy Scouts of America Starlight Serenade
- Oconomowoc Woman's Club luncheon
- When wine equals water
- The power of women
- Caring for those in need
- I Back Jack Foundation
- 'Margaritaville' benefits free clinic