After children reported being approached by a gray-haired man they didn't know in incidents Oct. 10 and Oct. 12 that police believe may be related, residents have been calling police almost daily with tips.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
One resident called in to say she thought her neighbor matched the description that had been released: that of an older white man with graying hair and a silver four-door vehicle.
Several others called to say they saw vehicles lingering on their blocks that seemed suspicious.
One resident said a man, possibly in his 60s, was watching her 3-year-old daughter playing on the lawn from a parked van in the 4100 block of Imperial Drive about 4:10 p.m. Oct. 14. The woman said when she came out of her house, the man hid his face and drove away.
An 8-year-old child said he was followed by a man about 4:30 p.m. Oct. 16, and went into a business at 2867 N. Brookfield Road, crying, to seek help.
A student at Wisconsin Hills said she was approached by a man who was trying to entice children Oct. 19.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police at (262) 787-3702.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield company sends holiday cheer to troops abroad
- Dixon students learn fire safety
- The Corners gets approval, town funding
- Brookfield likely to renew contract to attract visitors
- Tax case, Sileno talks run up city legal fees
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- City trails ahead in its Greenway path plans
- Former mayor Jeff Speaker will challenge Steve Ponto in Brookfield
- In Our Schools