Visitors to the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 W. Capitol Drive, had an unpleasant surprise after attending events at the venue May 10.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
Five vehicles in a parking lot outside the center were broken into between 6:55 and 7:39 p.m. May 10. In all instances, windows were smashed to gain entry. Seven windows total were damaged.
A handbag was taken from one vehicle. A purse containing credit cards and identification was taken from another. A purse containing credit cards, identification and a portable media player were taken from a third vehicle. From a fourth vehicle, a work bag containing magazines, books, a work identification card and an access key to the victim's office was taken. A purse containing personal items was taken from a fifth vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Brookfield TIF gets final approval
- Elmbrook School District introduces 'Nutrislice' smartphone app to gain feedback on cafeteria food
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development