Visitors to the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 W. Capitol Drive, had an unpleasant surprise after attending events at the venue May 10.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
Five vehicles in a parking lot outside the center were broken into between 6:55 and 7:39 p.m. May 10. In all instances, windows were smashed to gain entry. Seven windows total were damaged.
A handbag was taken from one vehicle. A purse containing credit cards and identification was taken from another. A purse containing credit cards, identification and a portable media player were taken from a third vehicle. From a fourth vehicle, a work bag containing magazines, books, a work identification card and an access key to the victim's office was taken. A purse containing personal items was taken from a fifth vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Writing contest authors see hope and despair in imagining 'the last person on Earth'
- Author of book featuring Brookfield, Elm Grove police stories to host signing at Brookfield Square
- Brookfield man okay in Nepal according to email sent to parents
- Joint Review Board approves tax incremental district
- Joint Review Board to rule on Irgens' financial aid
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 30
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills