Visitors to the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 W. Capitol Drive, had an unpleasant surprise after attending events at the venue May 10.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
Five vehicles in a parking lot outside the center were broken into between 6:55 and 7:39 p.m. May 10. In all instances, windows were smashed to gain entry. Seven windows total were damaged.
A handbag was taken from one vehicle. A purse containing credit cards and identification was taken from another. A purse containing credit cards, identification and a portable media player were taken from a third vehicle. From a fourth vehicle, a work bag containing magazines, books, a work identification card and an access key to the victim's office was taken. A purse containing personal items was taken from a fifth vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wilson Center's art festival in Brookfield draws a record number of artists
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas outlines capital improvements plan
- Brookfield East student's aquaponics project gives his school a garden
- Brookfield & Elm Grove Weekly Planner: Sept. 4
- Library lot costs nearly double
- Ask Now: Is Goodwill still coming to Brookfield?
- Business Spotlight: Hair salon owner says it's not work
- Industrial development hinges on TIF district
- Brookfield meetings: Sept. 4
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average