Visitors to the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 W. Capitol Drive, had an unpleasant surprise after attending events at the venue May 10.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
Five vehicles in a parking lot outside the center were broken into between 6:55 and 7:39 p.m. May 10. In all instances, windows were smashed to gain entry. Seven windows total were damaged.
A handbag was taken from one vehicle. A purse containing credit cards and identification was taken from another. A purse containing credit cards, identification and a portable media player were taken from a third vehicle. From a fourth vehicle, a work bag containing magazines, books, a work identification card and an access key to the victim's office was taken. A purse containing personal items was taken from a fifth vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Brookfield Christian's Ryan Dekker named Teacher of the Year by local radio station
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16
- Council: Smaller setback is enough for City Lights
- Brookfield council sends well head amendment back to committee
- Elmbrook Rotary Club looking for more teams for annual Spikes for Tykes fundraiser
- Officials concerned over amount of retail on Bluemound (3)
- Brookfield criticizes state Hotel and Lodging Association proposal
- Brookfield chicken amendment moves on (1)