Visitors to the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 W. Capitol Drive, had an unpleasant surprise after attending events at the venue May 10.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
Five vehicles in a parking lot outside the center were broken into between 6:55 and 7:39 p.m. May 10. In all instances, windows were smashed to gain entry. Seven windows total were damaged.
A handbag was taken from one vehicle. A purse containing credit cards and identification was taken from another. A purse containing credit cards, identification and a portable media player were taken from a third vehicle. From a fourth vehicle, a work bag containing magazines, books, a work identification card and an access key to the victim's office was taken. A purse containing personal items was taken from a fifth vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Feb. 11
- Brookfield plan commission recommends approval of Milwaukee Tool public financing (1)
- In Brief: Alleged shooter in drive-by shooting pleads not guilty
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Feb. 11
- Brookfield woman with Down Syndrome aims for independence
- Grasch family to retire from grocery business; Brookfield store to be taken over by Sendik's (2)
- Brookfield Ask Now: Is there any thought of banning dogs at the farmers market? (3)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining