Visitors to the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 W. Capitol Drive, had an unpleasant surprise after attending events at the venue May 10.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
Five vehicles in a parking lot outside the center were broken into between 6:55 and 7:39 p.m. May 10. In all instances, windows were smashed to gain entry. Seven windows total were damaged.
A handbag was taken from one vehicle. A purse containing credit cards and identification was taken from another. A purse containing credit cards, identification and a portable media player were taken from a third vehicle. From a fourth vehicle, a work bag containing magazines, books, a work identification card and an access key to the victim's office was taken. A purse containing personal items was taken from a fifth vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County accepting bids for demolition of Eble Barn
- Christian Pleister named Burleigh Elementary's new principal
- Business Notes: July 24
- ActionCoach of Brookfield helps businesses grow and prosper
- Brookfield Central High School teacher battles liver failure, shows improvement
- Elmbrook receives passing grades
- Brookfield Plan Commission takes a look at two developments
- Ask Now: How does annexation actually work?
- Group seeks to revitalize Brookfield's original village
- Brookfield Gold Medal student hopes more follow in her footsteps