Visitors to the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts, 19805 W. Capitol Drive, had an unpleasant surprise after attending events at the venue May 10.
According to city of Brookfield police reports:
Five vehicles in a parking lot outside the center were broken into between 6:55 and 7:39 p.m. May 10. In all instances, windows were smashed to gain entry. Seven windows total were damaged.
A handbag was taken from one vehicle. A purse containing credit cards and identification was taken from another. A purse containing credit cards, identification and a portable media player were taken from a third vehicle. From a fourth vehicle, a work bag containing magazines, books, a work identification card and an access key to the victim's office was taken. A purse containing personal items was taken from a fifth vehicle.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: July 2
- Water main break closes Lilly Road
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: June 25
- Brookfield consulting firm celebrates 120 years
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 25
- News and Notes: June 25
- Brookfield Ask Now: Overnight parking on the street? (2)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: June 25
- Brookfield on the path to bike-friendliness