We Energies says an estimated 7,100 customers are without power this afternoon in the Brookfield, New Berlin and Waukesha area.
Brian Manthey, media spokesman for the company, said the outage started at 11:15 a.m. Friday morning and crews have already restored power to some of the affected customers.
"We are looking into the cause of the outage, but it may have been caused by equipment failure at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Calhoun Road where the outage started," Manthey said.
We Energies expects to have all affected customers restored by 1 p.m.
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (5)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (3)