We Energies says an estimated 7,100 customers are without power this afternoon in the Brookfield, New Berlin and Waukesha area.
Brian Manthey, media spokesman for the company, said the outage started at 11:15 a.m. Friday morning and crews have already restored power to some of the affected customers.
"We are looking into the cause of the outage, but it may have been caused by equipment failure at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Calhoun Road where the outage started," Manthey said.
We Energies expects to have all affected customers restored by 1 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- Police: Girl, 10, says she was coerced into sending naked photos of herself to stranger