We Energies says an estimated 7,100 customers are without power this afternoon in the Brookfield, New Berlin and Waukesha area.
Brian Manthey, media spokesman for the company, said the outage started at 11:15 a.m. Friday morning and crews have already restored power to some of the affected customers.
"We are looking into the cause of the outage, but it may have been caused by equipment failure at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Calhoun Road where the outage started," Manthey said.
We Energies expects to have all affected customers restored by 1 p.m.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 2
- Elmbrook stresses local control on bathroom-use issue
- Elm Grove approves new parks and open space plan
- News & Notes: June 2
- Milwaukee man, woman face heroin-dealing charges
- Elm Grove welcomes new administrator
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 2
- Brookfield I-94 eastbound crash cleared, all lanes open
- I-94 at Moorland Road in Brookfield delayed by accident
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: June 2