We Energies says an estimated 7,100 customers are without power this afternoon in the Brookfield, New Berlin and Waukesha area.
Brian Manthey, media spokesman for the company, said the outage started at 11:15 a.m. Friday morning and crews have already restored power to some of the affected customers.
"We are looking into the cause of the outage, but it may have been caused by equipment failure at the intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Calhoun Road where the outage started," Manthey said.
We Energies expects to have all affected customers restored by 1 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Grab a Bite: Elm Grove's Le Cakery more than just pastries
- Ask NOW: When do the street lights go on?
- Brookfield Central students raise money, awareness for peer with brain cancer
- Brookfield Square plans emphasize light, outside entrances
- On the Move: Dec. 12
- Brookfield firefighters reunite with baby born at Goerke's Corners Park & Ride
- Former Brass owner reminisces in new book
- Anti-aging spa coming to Elm Grove in January
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Sensenbrenner tells Brookfield Republicans flag should not have been lowered for Mandela