A Brookfield man struck another man in the head with a pool cue after an argument over a pitcher of beer, according to a criminal complaint.
Kyle Filbrandt, 22, has been charged with substantial battery and disorderly conduct as a repeat offender in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
If convicted on both counts, he could face more than five years in prison and $11,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint:
Filbrandt was playing pool at the Saloon on Calhoun, 17000 W. Capitol Drive, about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 2 when an altercation began.
After purchasing a pitcher of beer, Filbrandt accused a bartender of "ripping him off."
The bartender's boyfriend, who was sitting nearby, said there was no reason for her to shortchange Filbrandt.
Filbrandt then made disparaging comments about a family member of the man before returning to his game of pool.
A witness told city of Brookfield police officers that a short time later Filbrandt grabbed a pool cue and said, "I'm going to beat this guy!"
He then approached the man and struck him in the side of the head with pool cue before fleeing the bar with the pool cue in hand.
Charges were filed against Filbrandt this week, and he is scheduled to make an initial appearance in court Jan. 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (3)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30