A Brookfield man struck another man in the head with a pool cue after an argument over a pitcher of beer, according to a criminal complaint.
Kyle Filbrandt, 22, has been charged with substantial battery and disorderly conduct as a repeat offender in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
If convicted on both counts, he could face more than five years in prison and $11,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint:
Filbrandt was playing pool at the Saloon on Calhoun, 17000 W. Capitol Drive, about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 2 when an altercation began.
After purchasing a pitcher of beer, Filbrandt accused a bartender of "ripping him off."
The bartender's boyfriend, who was sitting nearby, said there was no reason for her to shortchange Filbrandt.
Filbrandt then made disparaging comments about a family member of the man before returning to his game of pool.
A witness told city of Brookfield police officers that a short time later Filbrandt grabbed a pool cue and said, "I'm going to beat this guy!"
He then approached the man and struck him in the side of the head with pool cue before fleeing the bar with the pool cue in hand.
Charges were filed against Filbrandt this week, and he is scheduled to make an initial appearance in court Jan. 5.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 26
- In Brief: Brookfield Sport Authority closing along with the rest of the chain
- Brookfield Ask Now: How does the city attack garlic mustard weed? (1)
- Cultural center for women moving to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove go all out for Memorial Day
- Milwaukee Tool opts for a more high-tech look in its expansion
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: March 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: May 26
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: May 26
- Brookfield-area roadwork projects range widely (1)