A Brookfield man struck another man in the head with a pool cue after an argument over a pitcher of beer, according to a criminal complaint.
Kyle Filbrandt, 22, has been charged with substantial battery and disorderly conduct as a repeat offender in Waukesha County Circuit Court.
If convicted on both counts, he could face more than five years in prison and $11,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint:
Filbrandt was playing pool at the Saloon on Calhoun, 17000 W. Capitol Drive, about 1:30 a.m. Sept. 2 when an altercation began.
After purchasing a pitcher of beer, Filbrandt accused a bartender of "ripping him off."
The bartender's boyfriend, who was sitting nearby, said there was no reason for her to shortchange Filbrandt.
Filbrandt then made disparaging comments about a family member of the man before returning to his game of pool.
A witness told city of Brookfield police officers that a short time later Filbrandt grabbed a pool cue and said, "I'm going to beat this guy!"
He then approached the man and struck him in the side of the head with pool cue before fleeing the bar with the pool cue in hand.
Charges were filed against Filbrandt this week, and he is scheduled to make an initial appearance in court Jan. 5.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What's going on with Plaza 173?
- Elm Grove man imparts financial knowledge to youth
- 500 students attend Brookfield Academy's Summer Days Program
- Elm Grove car show to benefit wheelchair youth athletes
- Brookfield business sells, buys 'gently used' children's goods
- Upcoming meetings: July 24, 2014
- Business Calendar: July 24
- High court sides with railroad in Elm Grove collision
- North Avenue widening plans rankle residents