Police: Girl, 10, says she was coerced into sending naked photos of herself to stranger
After a Brookfield woman received text messages containing photos of her naked 10-year-old daughter, police are trying to track down the sender, who could be charged with possession of child pornography.
A Waukesha County Circuit Court judge issued a search warrant Tuesday, April 8, to the company believed to have provided the free texting service used to send the two photos to the mother.
According to the affidavit for the search warrant:
The 10-year-old girl told police she took and sent the photos with her family's iPad in January, after she was pressured by a user on a social media application whose true identity she does not know.
In February, the girl said she was contacted through the same application by someone using a different screen name. The user sent her the same two naked photos, and asked her to send another, threatening that if she didn't, her family would be ruined. The girl told police she deleted her account on the application.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Save teeth, help troops
- Parkside 23, with a garden out back, pays attention to the seasons
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Planner: Oct. 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Brief: Oct. 30
- Nov. 4 ballot features six contested races
- Ask Now: Is Mitchell Park getting winter recreational trials?
- Tickets now on sale for Brookfield Central's 'Peter Pan' fall musical
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: Oct. 30
- Elm Grove levy projected to increase 1.03 percent