The pilot of a small experimental airplane that crashed at the Capitol Drive Airport this afternoon is alert and appears to be uninjured, Fire Chief Charlie Myers said.
"He didn't appear to be in any distress whatsoever," Myers said of the pilot. However, the pilot is being evaluated by Brookfield paramedics.
The plane landed upside down in a marshy area, and was found in water about boot high. The circumstances of the crash are unknown at this time, Myers said.
Flight for Life and multiple area fire departments responded.
As of 2:45 p.m., the two-seater airplane was still on the airfield.
- Elm Grove to rule on new parks plan tonight
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 26
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: May 26
- Sports Authority to close Brookfield store, all stores nationwide
- Best Summer Ever: Five great summer reads
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Brookfield committee directs police department to begin prescription drug drop box program
- Brookfield committee to discuss prescription drug drop boxes in the city
- Brookfield committee discusses TIF referendum option, no action taken