Pilgrim Park Middle School drummers will be featured performers in a special parade of more than 1,600 young gymnasts at 1 p.m. June 29 at Summerfest.
The school's 18-member drum line will lead the gymnasts - in town through July 2 to compete in the YMCA - sponsored Gymnastics Nationals - beginning at the North Gate.
The parade will wind its way south through the grounds along the lakefront to the new BMO Harris Pavilion.
"It's a great opportunity," said Brian Belfany, Pilgrim Park music teacher. "We are looking forward to it."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In brief: July 24
- Protecting your vehicles and valuables
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 24
- More apartments inevitable in Brookfield
- Summer camp takes edge off education at St. John Vianney
- Local couple looks to re-energize fitness center
- Ask Now: How many furry friends are in need?
- County accepting bids for demolition of Eble Barn
- Christian Pleister named Burleigh Elementary's new principal