Pilgrim Park Middle School drummers will be featured performers in a special parade of more than 1,600 young gymnasts at 1 p.m. June 29 at Summerfest.
The school's 18-member drum line will lead the gymnasts - in town through July 2 to compete in the YMCA - sponsored Gymnastics Nationals - beginning at the North Gate.
The parade will wind its way south through the grounds along the lakefront to the new BMO Harris Pavilion.
"It's a great opportunity," said Brian Belfany, Pilgrim Park music teacher. "We are looking forward to it."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Incorporation Review Board dismisses town of Brookfield's petition (1)
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30