Pilgrim Park Middle School drummers will be featured performers in a special parade of more than 1,600 young gymnasts at 1 p.m. June 29 at Summerfest.
The school's 18-member drum line will lead the gymnasts - in town through July 2 to compete in the YMCA - sponsored Gymnastics Nationals - beginning at the North Gate.
The parade will wind its way south through the grounds along the lakefront to the new BMO Harris Pavilion.
"It's a great opportunity," said Brian Belfany, Pilgrim Park music teacher. "We are looking forward to it."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police pursuing suspect in shots fired incident
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Ask Now: Is the roundabout at Brookfield Road and North Avenue working as it should?
- The Corridor project in Brookfield criticized for height, density and its name
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 23
- Brookfield Library celebrates fall
- City recognized for financial reporting
- Brookfield church organizes packing event to send 96,000 meals to Ebola patients in Liberia
- Elm Grove man takes reins of Wisconsin Philharmonic