Physical Therapy business in Brookfield gets to root of ailments
Office to expand in new location this winter
Touting it as a place for the "personalized touch," professionals at Freedom Physical Therapy Services say the business stands out by offering customized services and effective treatments that get at the root of today's basic ailments.
With a staff of 45 and locations in three communities, Freedom Physical Therapy Services has grown since its inception in 1992. Freedom Physical Therapy Services in Brookfield has grown so much it needs to relocate its office there to a bigger, standalone building at 14625 W. Capitol Drive.
The change will take effect March 1.
Staff experts include a dozen physical therapists, an occupational therapist and a licensed athletic trainer.
The operation gained its footing in Fox Point and expanded into Grafton and Brookfield 10 years ago.
"We've tried to triangle the city a bit," said Jeff Verhagen, who directly oversees operations at the Brookfield office and serves as general manager of the entire company.
Looking back at the past decade, Verhagen said he and his staff in Brookfield have treated people with a wide range of conditions. Age ranges go from as young as 4 to as old as 94.
The most prevalent conditions staff at Freedom Physical Therapy Services treat are spine and neck pain, back pain and chronic headaches.
"But we really see a full gamut of problems," said Verhagen, who lives in Brookfield with his wife and two children. "There's really not much we can't treat. When it is necessary, we make referrals to appropriate professionals."
Freedom Physical Therapy Services' offerings fall into a number of categories, including occupational therapy, specialty services, women's health and wellness, pelvic health and wellness, sports and fitness, physical therapy, movement therapy and massage therapy.
Verhagen said he readily recognizes cost factors can be intimidating for customers, and he pledges a transparent approach to revealing treatment prices to current and prospective clientele.
"We will give the cost upfront and provide quick answers to any questions about pricing," Verhagen said.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Freedom Physical Therapy Services
ADDRESS: 19045 W. Capitol Drive, Suite 101, Brookfield
PHONE: (262) 790-9800
OWNERS: Peter Stathas and Michael Karegeannes
TYPE OF BUSINESS: health and wellness
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "We make physical improvements in the lives of everyone we touch."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- Business Spotlight Employees make Brookfield's Half Price Books work in a changing literary world
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Chiropractor takes a full-body wellness approach
- Brookfield business sells, buys 'gently used' children's goods
- Business Spotlight: Return Engagement
- Grasch's continues its family tradition of quality groceries
- Brookfield promotional business advocates useful items, not trinkets
- Company helps people, businesses save on energy
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart
- Retirement just didn't pan out for Pro Cast's owner
- Halen Homes young, but making mark
- Freedom Physical Therapy triples clinic size
- Drove over your cell phone? CPR may help
- Spring Bank risked weak economy but won big