Performance Running Outfitters take pride in helping customers get fit
Couple turns sport they love into their profession
Business owners Trae and Jessica Hoepner's work and personal life oftentime blur, but the pair wouldn't have it any other way.
The husband and wife team - and onetime competitive distance runners at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater - own Performance Running Outfitters in Brookfield and say they obtain as big a high from serving the community as they do from running.
"We get so much personal satisfaction from helping the community," said Trae, who also owns two other Milwaukee-area Performance Running Outfitters. "Seeing our customers meet their health and fitness goals really keeps us going."
Located in the Ruby Isle Shopping Center, Performance Running Outfitters markets to runners and walkers of all levels and abilities and features dozens of name-brand products, including Newton, New Balance and Nike.
According to Trae, Performance Running Outfitters' large selection and customer service approach separate the store from the competition.
"We're a one-stop, jack-of-all-trades shop, and no one else has everything we have to help people get up and running," said Trae, who plans on expanding the store to include an indoor track. "But we don't sell. Our staff is extremely knowledgeable about the running industry, so we just inform customers to the Nth degree, so they can buy shoes based on factors other than color or style."
The purchase process involves Performance Running Outfitters' thorough video gait analysis, whereby a customer is filmed walking or running on a treadmill to determine what shoe offers the best support for his or her foot.
Performance Running Outfitters also offers 5K, 10K and half-marathon training and organizes a number of fun runs and running-form clinics at Milwaukee area businesses and schools.
"Our goal is to get the community - especially today's kids, who have become a sedentary generation - moving again," said Trae, a track coach at Brookfield Central High School, where Jessica coaches cross country. "We want to do our part to erase the national perception that Wisconsin is not a fit state."
If you would like to suggest a business to be featured in the Business Spotlight, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (262) 446-6643
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Performance Running Outfitters
ADDRESS:2205 N. Calhoun Road
OWNERS: Trae and Jessica Hoepner
TYPE OF BUSINESS: fitness
PEARLS OF WISDOM: "Do what you do and be the best at it."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Jamba Juice
- Business Spotlight: Taking pictures is easier today, but taking good pictures is not, as Mike Crivel
- Business Spotlight: Elite Sport & Spine LLC
- Brookfield's O' What a Day Cafe strives to make any day a good day to stop in
- Skateland, jut beyond Brookfield, proves an enduring attraction for a fun night out
- Business spotlight: Brookfield dry cleaner emphasizes efficiency and economy for customers
- Business Spotlight Employees make Brookfield's Half Price Books work in a changing literary world
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Chiropractor takes a full-body wellness approach
- Brookfield business sells, buys 'gently used' children's goods
- Business Spotlight: Return Engagement
- Grasch's continues its family tradition of quality groceries
- Brookfield promotional business advocates useful items, not trinkets
- Company helps people, businesses save on energy
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Fazio's chocolate shop a second chance at happiness
- Local art gallery boasts diversified collection
- Ballet school helps students move with grace, confidence
- Enhancing Light Cosmetic Laser comes to Elm Grove
- Matt Schultz's search for a franchise was led by the heart