The staff at Jensen Health & Energy Center knows there's no single cure-all for pain, allergies, stress and the other ailments that prevent people from living the best life possible.
That's why the specialties offered at the clinic range from those treating the structure of the body to those treating the energy of the body to those addressing nutritional needs, explained owner Helen Miller, a registered nurse, acupuncturist and herbalist.
"All of our cells, our tissues are infused with a vital energy or life force that has a huge influence on our health. Our bodies are very intelligent," she said. "We often heal on our own, but systems can get out of (sync)."
What's available at Jensen? Well, there's chiropractic care, kinesiology, acupuncture, massage therapy, rolfing, craniosacral therapy, naturopathic medicine and homeopathy, and holistic wellness coaching.
Patients at the center can see one, some or all of the practitioners there, depending on what their needs are.
"The best is when we all work together," Miller said. "We all know what everyone else does and we can make recommendations."
While some of these modalities are becoming quite mainstream, others are a bit less commonplace. However, Jensen Health & Energy Center's clients often have done their homework and studied up on the specialties before making their appointment. For those who need questions answered, the staff is more than happy to answer questions and explain their work, Miller said.
The center began as Jensen Chiropractic and changed names to reflect a broader scope of services. It moved to Elm Grove in 2006. The location is convenient for clients, said Laura Finses, manager.
It was built using nontoxic materials in order to best serve clients with environmental allergies.
To suggest a business to be featured, send an email to email@example.com.
JUST THE FACTS
BUSINESS: Jensen Health & Energy Center
ADDRESS: 500 Elm Grove Road, Suite 325, Elm Grove
PHONE: (262) 782-1616
TYPE OF BUSINESS: multidisciplinary natural health care
QUOTABLE: "Do whatever you can to be healthy." - Helen Miller
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Sheri Bauer wants to heal others like she healed herself
- Business Spotlight: North Star Catering takes the restaurant into the community
- Business Spotlight: A Savvy Bride in Brookfield strives to make a perfect day
- Business Spotlight: Jamie Durner sought fulfillment, and now helps others do the same
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At the Fun Kids Dentist, the fun starts at age 1
- Early calling led to a practice in counseling
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Business Spotlight: Demand is strong at Self Storage of Goerkes Corners
- Business Spotlight: 3 realtors in 3 communities broadens the appeal
- Business Spotlight: Bowling is about families, including the Posnanski family at Bluemound Bowl
- Business Spotlight: Workout efficiency is stressed at Fitness Revolution
- Business Spotlight: Skiin brings science to bear on cosmetic improvements
- Business Spotlight: Commerce State Bank knows its way around business growth
- No job too small adds up to a full-time job
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Treat Street founder went from academia to 'Popcorn Central'
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Business Spotlight: City Wide aspires to be a building owner's best friend
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: At Salon Medusa, employees stay, and customers come back
- Business Spotlight: Fred Astaire's grace lies behind every step
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: Wilson Center embraces the risks inherent in the arts