An employee at Papa John's was robbed at gunpoint in the Pick 'n Save parking lot while taking the restaurant's bank bags to the Tri-City Bank, according to a Brookfield police report.
The robbery took place just before 11 a.m. Monday at the Pick 'n Save location at 12735 Capitol Drive.
According to the report:
Two men in a green Lexus approached the Papa John's employee while he was in his car. One of the men in the Lexus got out of the car and pointed a gun at the store employee, demanding the money in the bags. The exact amount of cash stolen was not disclosed.
Capt. Jim Adlam said no suspects have been identified at this time, but Brookfield Police are working with other police departments to identify potentially similar crimes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Mary's Visitation School Science Department prepares for take off with new 3-D printer
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Jan. 29
- Business Spotlight: Healthworks Wellness Center in Brookfield
- In Our Schools: Jan. 26, 2015
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Jan. 29
- City could spend over $12 million in providing aid for Irgens' The Corridor
- Business Spotlight: Original Pancake House in Brookfield sticks to the tried and true
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Jan. 15
- Former town of Brookfield Kmart could house five new businesses
- Lisbon Road remains untapped development mine for Brookfield