An employee at Papa John's was robbed at gunpoint in the Pick 'n Save parking lot while taking the restaurant's bank bags to the Tri-City Bank, according to a Brookfield police report.
The robbery took place just before 11 a.m. Monday at the Pick 'n Save location at 12735 Capitol Drive.
According to the report:
Two men in a green Lexus approached the Papa John's employee while he was in his car. One of the men in the Lexus got out of the car and pointed a gun at the store employee, demanding the money in the bags. The exact amount of cash stolen was not disclosed.
Capt. Jim Adlam said no suspects have been identified at this time, but Brookfield Police are working with other police departments to identify potentially similar crimes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: How long will 124th Street be closed?
- Parks planning to begin for Village Park, new park
- In Our Schools: Oct. 16, 2014
- The Corners may present an opportunity to the Town of Brookfield
- Man suspected in Brookfield bank robbery arrested
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 16
- Brookfield police, like all other city employees, will make pension contributions
- Brookfield Village to host 2nd Arts and Spirits Crawl
- Brookfield suffers a rash of crimes targeting unlocked cars
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Oct. 16