An employee at Papa John's was robbed at gunpoint in the Pick 'n Save parking lot while taking the restaurant's bank bags to the Tri-City Bank, according to a Brookfield police report.
The robbery took place just before 11 a.m. Monday at the Pick 'n Save location at 12735 Capitol Drive.
According to the report:
Two men in a green Lexus approached the Papa John's employee while he was in his car. One of the men in the Lexus got out of the car and pointed a gun at the store employee, demanding the money in the bags. The exact amount of cash stolen was not disclosed.
Capt. Jim Adlam said no suspects have been identified at this time, but Brookfield Police are working with other police departments to identify potentially similar crimes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Corners gets approval, town funding
- Brookfield likely to renew contract to attract visitors
- Tax case, Sileno talks run up city legal fees
- Police Report: Dec. 3
- News & Notes: Dec. 5
- City trails ahead in its Greenway path plans
- Former mayor Jeff Speaker will challenge Steve Ponto in Brookfield
- In Our Schools
- Ask NOW: What is the procedure for plowing snow?
- On the Move: Dec. 5