A Brookfield woman was scammed out of more than $29,000 by someone she had met on a dating website, according to city of Brookfield police reports.
Also in the reports:
The woman told officers she had wired more than $29,000 to Malaysia on Nov. 19.
The 51-year-old woman maintained a lengthy relationship with the man, whom she had met on a popular dating website, before she agreed to send him more than $29,000 to pay for taxes on a supposed inheritance.
Although the man had agreed to pay her back, she never heard from him again.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: June 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: June 30
- Brookfield's Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts names Lynn Sprangers new president and CEO
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (8)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)