A Brookfield woman was scammed out of more than $29,000 by someone she had met on a dating website, according to city of Brookfield police reports.
Also in the reports:
The woman told officers she had wired more than $29,000 to Malaysia on Nov. 19.
The 51-year-old woman maintained a lengthy relationship with the man, whom she had met on a popular dating website, before she agreed to send him more than $29,000 to pay for taxes on a supposed inheritance.
Although the man had agreed to pay her back, she never heard from him again.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook promotes Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mike Sereno and Mark Peperkorn
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: March 26
- Brookfield may alter zoning to make city more welcoming to health clubs
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 19
- Elm Grove establishes committee to explore fiber internet
- Elm Grove church irks residents with cell tower proposal
- Marcus looking into exiting Corners project
- Brookfield man charged with knife attack on mother, sister
- Brookfield girl may have been locked in basement by parents