A late night fire at a multi-family building in Brookfield sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation Wednesday night.
The City of Brookfield Fire Department arrived at the complex, 17675 Nassau Drive, at 10:30 p.m. and reported smoke coming from the basement.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control and contained to the room of origin.
The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage and the cause is under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 27
- Brookfield couple's theater company keeps growing
- Brookfield police suspect wallet theft part of organized crime ring
- Elm Grove trustees endorse path as priority
- Elmbrook School District's ACT results reach all-time high (4)
- Elmbrook Humane Society waives certain adoption fees for National Bow Tie Day
- Longtime Elm Grove servant passes away
- Waukesha County endorses Poplar Creek project's conditional use permit
- School Notes: Aug. 27, 2015
- Brookfield East alumni unite in Madison business