A late night fire at a multi-family building in Brookfield sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation Wednesday night.
The City of Brookfield Fire Department arrived at the complex, 17675 Nassau Drive, at 10:30 p.m. and reported smoke coming from the basement.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control and contained to the room of origin.
The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage and the cause is under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: March 3
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News & Notes: March 5
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: March 5
- Ask Now: Is Brookfield's population really that old?
- Brookfield mosque invites public for open house
- Brookfield brewery to host St. Patty's Day Party
- Approval easier for fences now in Elm Grove
- Tap dancing in high school? 'Anything Goes' in Brookfield Academy's spring musical
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- OSHA says drill rig involved in construction worker's death