A late night fire at a multi-family building in Brookfield sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation Wednesday night.
The City of Brookfield Fire Department arrived at the complex, 17675 Nassau Drive, at 10:30 p.m. and reported smoke coming from the basement.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control and contained to the room of origin.
The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage and the cause is under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook School District's ACT composite scores remain above state average
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 28
- St. John Vianney receives three 'Exemplary' awards from Archdiocese
- Brookfield, Elmbrook School District may team up on new Internet network
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28
- Ask Now: Traffic signal, but no traffic?
- Video: Brookfield Harley lover is 100 and still biking
- Elmbrook School District celebrates its first 50 years
- Plaza 173 project in Brookfield has residents concerned
- Business Spotlight: Shoe Carnival's goal is to make shopping fun