A late night fire at a multi-family building in Brookfield sent one person to the hospital for smoke inhalation Wednesday night.
The City of Brookfield Fire Department arrived at the complex, 17675 Nassau Drive, at 10:30 p.m. and reported smoke coming from the basement.
Crews were able to bring the fire under control and contained to the room of origin.
The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage and the cause is under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man charged with fleeing Brookfield police making drunken driving stop
- City: Drinking water is safe despite contamination warning
- Purses targeted in car break-ins outside Wilson Center
- Guaranty Bank in Brookfield robbed
- Auditors draw different conclusions on Azana spa shooter case
- Residents wait for answers on cell tower
- Business owners launch school funding initiative
- Elmbrook students honor most influential teachers
- St. John Vianney celebrates year's end with Grills and Guitars
- High school seniors can leave building during study hall period