Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Poplar Creek development granted pair of requests
- Brookfield panel seeks to avoid another Bluemound in Capitol Drive
- Home2Suites receives final approval from town of Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Aug. 6
- Poplar Creek, Home2Suites highlight town board agenda
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Ask Now: Does the city get involved in the market?
- 124th street extension off the table despite Elm Grove support
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Aug. 6
- Elmbrook aims to increase staff satisfaction after seeing low trends in annual survey
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Aug. 6