Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Deanna Wellens named new associate principal of Pilgrim Park Middle School
- Ask Now: Where to play tennis at night?
- Elmbrook School District moves forward with wellness clinic for employees
- Flower design drew event planner back to the business she loved
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: April 30
- Brookfield quarry project on hold as city studies a code amendment
- In Brookfield, price is a minor factor in 'housing options' (1)
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Brookfield farmers market returns Saturday
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS