Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield Goodwill store remains on pace
- BEAST Robotics asks mentors, volunteers to join the club for 2015 season
- Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mark Peperkorn named Associate Principal of the Year for Wisconsin
- Town of Brookfield police seek robbery suspect
- Taste of the Town: Loaf and Jug knows that some things should remain unchanged
- In Brief: School Notes
- Brookfield Public Library recommendations: Dec. 25
- Brookfield/Elm Grove Things to Do: Dec. 25
- Brookfield Business Spotlight: 9Round fitness center
- Former Brookfield East soccer coach finishes second music CD