Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Brookfield commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- 3rd annual Cruisin' the Grove returns to Elm Grove
- Business Notes: July 30
- Town commission recommends approval for pair of Poplar Creek requests
- 'The Naked Baker' wins business contest with all-natural cookie dough
- Ask Now: What is going on with the Capitol Drive water tower?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: July 30
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 30
- Brookfield market celebrates 25 years