Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield mosque, Jewish congregation forge a friendship
- Car repair center's planned move-in has condo owners concerned about noise
- Discount brand name store Ross Dress for Less to open in Brookfield Saturday (1)
- Television personality Giuliana Rancic making appearance in Brookfield
- Chicago restaurant Portillo's to bring first Wisconsin location to Brookfield
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Oct. 8
- Bus shelter advertising approved by Brookfield aldermen
- Ask Now: Wisconsin Ave. extension still in the works?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 1
- The Corners, in the town of Brookfield, adds a women's fashion store to its growing list of tenants