Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City annexes Safro dealership from town
- Salon makeover gives nod to building's history
- Roundabout moves forward at Brookfield, North
- Resident calls for bike signage in village
- Ask NOW: Reader concerned about wooden path on Brookfield Road
- Police Report: April 15
- Karate American encourages healthy body, mind
- Local seniors find friendship, romance through music
- Brookfield East teens build Honda 350 from salvaged motorcycle parts
- Police: Girl, 10, says she was coerced into sending naked photos of herself to stranger