Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: July 2
- No more hot dogs: 6 ways to keep your canine cool and healthy during the summer
- Business Spotlight: Academy eaches the fine art of Brazilian jiu-jitsu
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: July 2
- Water main break closes Lilly Road
- Motion to dismiss for couple charged with locking daughter in basement denied
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: June 25
- Brookfield consulting firm celebrates 120 years
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 25
- News and Notes: June 25