Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (13)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (5)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28
- Business Spotlight: When things aren't working right, hormone therapy may be called for
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of April 25