Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield plans improvement to outdoor dining
- Business Spotlight: A hobby became a business for yarn shop founders
- Blackfinn Ameripub plans Brookfield Square opening
- In Our Schools: Feb 11
- Engagement: Freckmann-Weiss
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- Elm Grove police continue search for two TCF Bank robbery suspects (5)
- Elmbrook School Board takes a look at crowding at Swanson school (17)