Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Brookfield TIF gets final approval
- Elmbrook School District introduces 'Nutrislice' smartphone app to gain feedback on cafeteria food
- Business Notes: Dec. 18
- Brookfield public hearing brings out sizable support for quarry housing proposal
- Ask Now: Does Brookfield have the third-largest tax base in the state?
- Council approves key steps for luxury apartment project
- Brookfield shoppers advised to take caution
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Dec. 11
- Brookfield Central alum publishes first book
- Town of Brookfield welcomes potential new partner on The Corners development