Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
- Brookfield gears up for July 4 events
- Elmbrook names Sobocinski as new assistant superintendent for business services
- Brookfield Central student charged for bomb scare
- New Starbucks to anchor retail building at Sendik's Towne Centre in Brookfield (1)
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: June 23
- Brookfield aldermen OK Artisan apartments, public funding (5)
- Brookfield council reaffirms committee's denial of TIF referendum referral (2)
- Trainer allegedly sexually assaulted client at town of Brookfield fitness center
- Ask Now: City's rummage sale rules?
- In brief: RR crossing closed (3)