Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Joint Review Board approves tax incremental district
- Joint Review Board to rule on Irgens' financial aid
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Weekly Planner: April 30
- Ask Now: Why the bends in Pilgrim Road?
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- In Brief: April 23
- New Brookfield water main set for Hidden Hills
- Imagination runs wild in Brookfield East's spring play, 'Twelfth Night'
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 23
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: April 23