Incumbent Jeff McCarthy will run unopposed in the April election for the District 3 aldermanic seat. McCarthy was appointed to his post by the Common Council after Alderman Jim Garvens died in February. The winner of the April election will fill the remaining year of Garvens' term, and the seat will then come back up for election in April, 2014.
City aldermen are paid $9,900 annually.
McCarthy is vice president and account director at Meyer and Wallis.
The deadline for filing for candidacy in the April 2 election was 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield aldermen to vote next week on Irgens financial aid
- Businesses team up to help victims of domestic violence
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 2
- Brookfield and Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 2
- Business Spotlight: Sensible Gurus of Brookfield understands that peace of mind is knowing your tech
- Thinking outside the boxes: Elmbrook's Pilgrim Park students build Rube Goldberg machines from household items
- Ask Now: Elm Grove meetings online?
- High-end men's salon coming to Elm Grove
- Milwaukee-area teens aim to continue fight against teen suicide