7-11 breathes new life into Open Pantry site
Brookfield - The town of Brookfield Board of Supervisors on Monday approved a request for a 24-hour operation by 7-11 at its new location at 21350 W. Capitol Drive. The company bought the old Open Pantry site along with 18 others throughout Southeastern Wisconsin in June.
Eleri Baecker, a field representative for 7-11, said the stores all went through makeovers including new signage and full remodeling in August and September. The Capitol Drive site has been operating from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily and wanted to expand to its 24-hour business model.
"The store will most likely open up for 24 hours starting Dec. 1," Baecker said. "It's a good location for us."
Zoning change sought to allow for mixed use
Brookfield - The town of Brookfield Board of Supervisors on Monday gave an initial approval for developer Bill Bode to build a 44,000-square-foot, mixed-use commercial and residential development at 655 N. Brookfield Road near the Galleria West shopping center.
Bode, president of the Brayton Management Company that owns Galleria West, said the residential portion of the property is not yet designed but likely will offer at least 27 market-rate apartments.
"We have done studies there and feel that there is a good market for housing with those who may want to move into the areas as well as those who are and will work locally," he said.
Zoning for the property also must be approved by Waukesha County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City police respond to four burglaries
- Waukesha County beaches open Saturday
- Brookfield native takes culinary skills to television
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: May 28
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: May 28
- Brookfield family shares online school experience
- Ask Now: Too many intersections in close proximity? (2)
- Brookfield's Scott named chair of governmental accounting council
- Business Spotlight: At The Gift Shoppe, the products move and the store stays fresh
- Annual roadwork is full steam ahead in Greenfield and West Allis