Gov. Scott Walker announced Monday that Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. is eligible for up to $1.5 million in economic development tax credits and a $250,000 loan to improve its facility at 13135 W. Lisbon Road in Brookfield.
The tax credits will help Milwaukee Electric Tool expand its research and development center, which the company expects will create 103 new jobs.
"Within the power tool industry, Milwaukee is regarded as the brand of choice for the professional trades. Our vision to lead by delivering disruptive innovation to the market place directly reflects the culture of our state and the core values of the people who choose to live here," said Ty Staviski, senior vice president and chief financial officer of Milwaukee Tool.
Mayor Steve Ponto praised Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. for working closely with the city and Waukesha County Economic Development Corp. to encourage business expansion and create highly skilled, family-supporting jobs.
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: May 5
- Video: STEM Shuttle lands at St. Mary's in Elm Grove
- Green Bay Packers' Mason Crosby to visit Brookfield Square in support of breast cancer research
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: April 28
- City of Brookfield on fast pace toward reaching consultant's apartment projection (14)
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Week of May 2
- Ask Now: Freeway interchange at Calhoun?
- Elm Grove to establish citizen committee for Reinder's redevelopment proposal
- Two Brookfield Lutheran churches join together to form combined congregation (8)
- Brookfield-Elm Grove In Our Schools: April 28