Gov. Scott Walker announced Monday that Milwaukee Electric Tool Corp. is eligible for up to $1.5 million in economic development tax credits and a $250,000 loan to improve its facility at 13135 W. Lisbon Road in Brookfield.
The tax credits will help Milwaukee Electric Tool expand its research and development center, which the company expects will create 103 new jobs.
"Within the power tool industry, Milwaukee is regarded as the brand of choice for the professional trades. Our vision to lead by delivering disruptive innovation to the market place directly reflects the culture of our state and the core values of the people who choose to live here," said Ty Staviski, senior vice president and chief financial officer of Milwaukee Tool.
Mayor Steve Ponto praised Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. for working closely with the city and Waukesha County Economic Development Corp. to encourage business expansion and create highly skilled, family-supporting jobs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Holiday Happenings 2015
- Swanson Elementary Cub Scouts to collect donations for seventh annual Ben Levie Toy Drive
- Brookfield Senior Meals: Nov. Dec. 7
- Brookfield panel recommends approval of public assistance for Milwaukee Tool expansion (1)
- Brookfield East welcomes 'The Music Man' into winter theater production
- Brookfield and Elm Grove News IQ: Nov. 19
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Police Report: Nov. 26
- Fairview South's annual Silent Auction and Craft Fair to raise funds for school iPads
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 26