A businessman said that a woman he paid for a massage stole cash and his wedding ring from his hotel room after he declined her offer for a "happy ending" Sept. 28, according to a city of Brookfield police report.
Also in the report:
The 33-year-old man reported at 5:45 p.m. Sept. 28 that a masseuse had taken $50 from his wallet and his wedding ring from the room he rented at the Sheraton Hotel, 375 S. Moorland Road.
He requested that a detective - or any officer dressed in street clothes - respond to the hotel because he was there for a business conference and did not want to draw attention to himself.
He told responding officers that he paid the woman for a massage, and she took his personal effects and left after he declined her offer for a "happy ending."
Officers found a 26-year-old Milwaukee woman matching the suspect's description behind the J.C. Penny at 95 N. Moorland and recovered the stolen items.
She was arrested for theft and soliciting prostitution.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Brookfield officials remain confident despite slow pace on The Corners
- Brookfield man nears end of quest to run a marathon in every state
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook fundraiser initiative connects local businesses with area schools
- Brookfield water utility lead operator wins award with invention
- Elmbrook Education Foundation's annual Ladies Night fundraiser to help meet $100K goal
- Brookfield Church donates, packages over 1,000 Thanksgiving meals
- Brookfield East presents 'Evita,' a rock opera based on Argentinean political leader Eva Perón
- Brookfield and Elm Grove meetings: Nov. 27
- Town of Brookfield raises levy 1 percent over this year
- Brookfield to poll residents online on backyard chickens