The head football coach and Director of Alumni Relations at Marquette University High School was arrested April 1 for drunken driving. Jeffrey "Maz" Mazurczak was stopped by Elm Grove police just after 2 a.m. April 1 after he was seen driving erratically on Bluemound Road.
According to the police report, Mazurczak failed a field sobriety test and was taken to the Elm Grove Police Department for a blood toxicity test. He had a blood-alcohol content of 0.11. He was booked for drunken driving and released to his wife just before 4 a.m.
Kriss Schulz, vice president of communications and planning at MUHS, said the school is aware of the situation "and the administration will take appropriate action following thorough review of the facts.
"We're still in the process of reviewing the situation," she said.
The administrators who need to decide what that "appropriate action" will be are out of town as it is spring break. Mazurczak reports to Athletic Director Bob Herman and Principal Jeff Monday. Schulz is unsure if the president of the school will be involved in determining what action the school will take.
Calls to Mazurczak, as well as the athletic director, human resources director and principal went unreturned.
The case has been referred to Elm Grove municipal court where a hearing is set for May 9.
The Marquette football team went 7-2 last season, Mazurczak's second as head coach. Mazurczak, a 1982 graduate of the school, was an assistant under former coach Dick Basham for 20 years. He was the team's defensive coordinator when Marquette won the state title in 2009.
Basham retired after the season and Mazurczak took over as head coach.
- Brookfield East choir to perform with Foreigner at Waukesha County Fair
- Resources available to Waukesha County residents during extreme heat
- Wisconsin Athletic Club nearing town of Brookfield opening
- Elm Grove setting up for second Great Campout
- Brookfield officials happy to see Biloba expansion (1)
- Brookfield/Elm Grove News IQ: July 21
- Elm Grove Ask Now: Palmer's plans?
- In Brief: Local legislators unchallenged, county clerk faces contest
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Meetings: July 21
- Brookfield jewelry store hit by burglars